• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevieray
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2016

A new trainee-never too late.

I am new to the speed bag world but have quickly become addicted to the sport. Like many others I have been reading this forum for awhile and am so thankful for all the knowledge people are willing to share. Someday soon I hope I can offer something of interest to the group. As for now all I can say is it is never too late to get started. A new addiction at 73 is all I needed!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Stevieray View Post
    I am new to the speed bag world but have quickly become addicted to the sport. Like many others I have been reading this forum for awhile and am so thankful for all the knowledge people are willing to share. Someday soon I hope I can offer something of interest to the group. As for now all I can say is it is never too late to get started. A new addiction at 73 is all I needed!
    Ha! The bag doesn't care you're age, just your accuracy. You'll get it in time. And welcome to the forum!

If it makes it any easier, my latest "private convert" that corresponds via email, facebook, and (since this weekend - phone) just turned 80 a few months ago.

...and three months ago I was corresponding with another 88 year old "newbie", wanting advice for sore hands.

Keep Punching!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MDJAK
      • Mar 2016

Welcome. Ah, sore hands, I can empathize. I just bought Title gel gloves and they feel great. Highly recommend them.

Comment

• Stevieray
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2016

Thanks for the encouragement.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Ha! The bag doesn't care you're age, just your accuracy. You'll get it in time. And welcome to the forum!

If it makes it any easier, my latest "private convert" that corresponds via email, facebook, and (since this weekend - phone) just turned 80 a few months ago.

...and three months ago I was corresponding with another 88 year old "newbie", wanting advice for sore hands.

Keep Punching!
        Thanks for the encouragement and your great instructions. I have your book and some of your video tips so I feel like I am progressing pretty quickly. Control seems to be everything and speed comes with control. You have already got me to a place I never thought I would be. Thanks again.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Stevieray View Post
          Thanks for the encouragement and your great instructions. I have your book and some of your video tips so I feel like I am progressing pretty quickly. Control seems to be everything and speed comes with control. You have already got me to a place I never thought I would be. Thanks again.
          You have a few years on me, but I'm no puppy either...control IS key. Go slow, control the bag & the speed comes naturally (the KING taught me that years ago...thank you AGAIN Alan!).

Welcome to the forum & enjoy the bag!
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            You have a few years on me, but I'm no puppy either...control IS key. Go slow, control the bag & the speed comes naturally (the KING taught me that years ago...thank you AGAIN Alan!).

Welcome to the forum & enjoy the bag!
            Yes, it will.

so how long have you been waiting...

Boom!

(you know I love ya... )
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Speedbag; 04-21-2016, 10:16 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Yes, it will.

so how long have you been waiting...

Boom!

(you know I love ya... )
              Brutal....just plain brutal....
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MDJAK
                • Mar 2016

waiting? Let me tell you a thing or two about waiting.

Yesterday I went out to Lowe's and a local hardware store and bought like fifty bucks worth of bolts, etc., and am now waiting on my carpenter to come install my Primefighter 400 on my basement wall. Where the heck is he?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...