How do I add friends, join social groups and contact you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marta
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2014

How do I add friends, join social groups and contact you ?

When I try to join a group, a box comes up saying I can't and to contact you. Then when I hit "Contact us" is says this is disabled. Also I thought I had added two friends, but they don't show up. Help please ! I love this forum, but am having trouble figuring it out. Thanks. Marta
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

It's kind of like 4-way elbows....takes practice!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rehamco1
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Marta View Post
      When I try to join a group, a box comes up saying I can't and to contact you. Then when I hit "Contact us" is says this is disabled. Also I thought I had added two friends, but they don't show up. Help please ! I love this forum, but am having trouble figuring it out. Thanks. Marta

Hi you are not the only one having this problem I have it too. Go read off topic about friend request. So far all I have been able to do is add contacts. that is the first step. hang in there we will find out how to do it somehow.

Comment

• florian 380
        • Nov 2012

i tried it too but they dont show up on my page

Comment

• Marta
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2014

Glad I'm not the only one

I thought maybe I was missing something I was supposed to do. I love this forum and also am so happy that I found out about speed bagging !! I am addicted already, and I only started a month ago. Now have a bag set up in my music studio - nice and handy !!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm not sure what's going on with this, Marta. I was contacted by a new member a while back about this same issue. I'm thinking that the message board just needs a little maintenance and updating. Hopefully, it will get straightened out.

In the meantime, try this: Sign in, then click on "Community" at the top of the page. Then select "Contacts." This should open up your personal contact page. Scroll to the bottom and enter a member's username and click "Add Contact."

I just did this. I added you as a contact. Now, what this does exactly, I do not know. But, it might bring you closer to adding people as friends. Let me know if you receive something via the forum indicating that I have added you as a Contact. You might need to "accept" and maybe then we will become "Friends."

If that doesn't work, then just go to your platform and take out your frustration on the bag!
            Attached Files
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• rehamco1
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2013

friends

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              I'm not sure what's going on with this, Marta. I was contacted by a new member a while back about this same issue. I'm thinking that the message board just needs a little maintenance and updating. Hopefully, it will get straightened out.

In the meantime, try this: Sign in, then click on "Community" at the top of the page. Then select "Contacts." This should open up your personal contact page. Scroll to the bottom and enter a member's username and click "Add Contact."

I just did this. I added you as a contact. Now, what this does exactly, I do not know. But, it might bring you closer to adding people as friends. Let me know if you receive something via the forum indicating that I have added you as a Contact. You might need to "accept" and maybe then we will become "Friends."

If that doesn't work, then just go to your platform and take out your frustration on the bag!
              Hi I just added Marta to my contacts list now I am going to bag a lot ...lol

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

i already did this a long time ago like u explained but i dont have the friend option like in your pictures . i tried to figure it out with paranday one time but we couldnt get it work either .

Comment

• rehamco1
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  It's kind of like 4-way elbows....takes practice!
                  Hey ZAZA when was the last time you tried to add a friend to your list?

Comment

• Marta
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Aug 2014

I didn't receive any notification about you adding me as a contact - in fact, I had already added you as one. But no luck adding you as a friend, or anyone else. And you don't show up in my friends list - no one does. But I'm not worried, I feel as if you and several others here are already my friends. What a nice community !!

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

If you're a member of this forum and love the speed bag, I consider you all a friend.

Any friend of the bag is a friend of mine!

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
                      Hey ZAZA when was the last time you tried to add a friend to your list?
                      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Marta and other new members - it "appears" as if the friend option has been disabled. A few years ago there was a lot of spamming going on in the forum and Tim tried to curb it by implementing a mandatory first post and other measures. He may have disabled the befriending option as part of the crack down, but I can't say for sure.

It looks like older members still maintain the ability to add friends, but newer members do not have that option.

Maybe someone can message Tim and see what the real answer is.

Good luck and let us know.

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Well, this goes to show you how much I know (see my post above). I just visited new member, Bob's profile and he has the ability to add friends. So, I'm not sure why other new members don't have this ability.

I don't know much about v bulletin (the forum software), so I'm at a loss as to why some members cannot add friends.

Hopefully Tim will see this thread and solve the mystery.

Comment

• rehamco1
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                            Well, this goes to show you how much I know (see my post above). I just visited new member, Bob's profile and he has the ability to add friends. So, I'm not sure why other new members don't have this ability.

I don't know much about v bulletin (the forum software), so I'm at a loss as to why some members cannot add friends.

Hopefully Tim will see this thread and solve the mystery.
                            Thank you I really appreciate all the help I can get...I am one of the ones that cannot make friends....thank you anybody for any help you can give me and the others in the same situation.

Comment

• Marta
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Aug 2014

Okay, well, I am with Zaza. If you are on this forum, I consider all of you my friends ! I have been amazed and very happy to see what a welcoming and helpful group of people you all are. And I look forward to meeting some of you next July in New Jersey too.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...