• Show
Clear All
  • Title Fight
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

Winning Gloves

Hey guys, how is it going?

Few questions for ya...

I am looking for a glove that has the best protection for my hands (Knuckles, wrist, you name it) and i am looking at these babies right here:

Winning bag gloves

Specifically the MS-600-B and MS-500-B (But oh man are they expensive )

Do you think the humongous price on this gloves is worth it or are there better or equal alternatives that you know of?

Thanks!
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Hi Title Fight. The gloves you're checking out are definitely pricey! What are your training goals? How intense are you planning to train? I have Everlast 16oz training gloves and use some real good hand wraps. I don't have my heavy bag up right now but when I did , the Everlast gloves did the trick! Not too pricey either. $30.00 at my local Sports Authority. Again, I don't know what your plans, goals or training regimen is...I'm just a guy that works out at home in his garage and I don't see the need to go that pricey.
    sigpic

Comment

• Title Fight
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2009

Hi metaldad, Thanks for taking the time to reply!

What are your training goals?
      To increase the power in my punches

How intense are you planning to train?
      I am planning on workouts that involve going all out on the heavy bag, really intense to increase both the power in my punches and my stamina.

Looking for the best protection for my hands, i've injured my right hand before and i don't want to aggravate it any further plus the doctor bills were quite pricey LOL!!

I am also looking at these gloves:

They are three times less pricey than the 16 oz winning gloves.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Title Fight View Post
        Hi metaldad, Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I am planning on workouts that involve going all out on the heavy bag, really intense to increase both the power in my punches and my stamina.

Looking for the best protection for my hands, i've injured my right hand before and i don't want to aggravate it any further plus the doctor bills were quite pricey LOL!!

I am also looking at these gloves:

They are three times less pricey than the 16 oz winning gloves.
        You're welcome! Remember, when punching, it's more than just your arms,shoulders and hands involved, it's your whole body. A strong wrist helps as we ll as learning the proper technique (hand injuries do suck BIG TIME!). Those Everlast gloves should be fine especially when used with a good hand wrap. I'm no authority on punching technique, but I have felt the consequences of improper technique. Good hand protection is the first line of defense against injury when training. Before yoyu go "all out", I hope you learn some good methods on how you're throwing your punches. Sometimes the method can make the difference in the amount of power. I hope I have been helpful and hope others with more experience can also lend their insight .
        sigpic

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Hi Title fight!! i always wrap my hands and use a bag glove with no thumb! because when you go all out you need to keep your thumb tucked out of the way check my vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ni_w-KJxe8 i realise this may be old school but i am an old man of 51 the heavy bag will give you one of the hardest workouts ever..enjoy.

Comment

• Title Fight
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jun 2009

Thanks for the tips guys! Can't wait to hit the bag once my gloves arrive.

Comment

• Hannibal
              • Dec 2010

I know this was written a long time ago, but if you are still looking for a great bag glove to train with try Ringsides IMF Tech gloves. They run around 59.99 on sale, and are pretty much the highest rated gloves right being used right now next to the Title Gel's. I love the molded foam of the ringside IMF gloves. You can hit the bag as hard as you want with a good hand wrap of course, and you feel nothing. I have had the best bag workouts ever with these things. I prefer them over cleto and grant.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                I know this was written a long time ago, but if you are still looking for a great bag glove to train with try Ringsides IMF Tech gloves. They run around 59.99 on sale, and are pretty much the highest rated gloves right being used right now next to the Title Gel's. I love the molded foam of the ringside IMF gloves. You can hit the bag as hard as you want with a good hand wrap of course, and you feel nothing. I have had the best bag workouts ever with these things. I prefer them over cleto and grant.
                I like my Grant campeon bag gloves with traditional handwraps for the price they are top notch gloves

Comment

• vnyc
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Mar 2011

Did you buy the winning gloves? thinking about getting ones myself. Please let me know if you got them.
                  I have a similar issue, as i punch really hard with my right, the pain used to shoot up from the wrist all the way to the elbow (primarily because of the twist up in the wrist from impact). It hurt to the point i could not shake hands or type on my computer.
                  Had to try all sorts of gloves and settled on Grant Professional Heavy Bag gloves (cheaper than Winning, they go for $179 at boxing depot). Pain went away and no more issues with the wrist twisting up. You got to protect your hands no matter what the price, especially if you need them for work. Also Reyes 16oz should do the job, but they are not designed for heavy bags, hence won't last as long if you punch really hard. it's really trial and error before you find the ones that work for you.
                  Last edited by vnyc; 03-12-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                    • Apr 2011

I've been using a very old set of Everlast weighted gloves forever. Anyone tried either of these below? I'm doing a lot more heavy bag work and will be sparring soon. 16, 14 vs 12 oz gloves?? I'm 5'7", 160 lbs.

Fighting Sports

Title

Rival

Any recommendations for gloves or thoughts would be appreciated.
                    -
                    Owner/Operator
                    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• Hannibal
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                      I've been using a very old set of Everlast weighted gloves forever. Anyone tried either of these below? I'm doing a lot more heavy bag work and will be sparring soon. 16, 14 vs 12 oz gloves?? I'm 5'7", 160 lbs.

Fighting Sports

Title

Rival

Any recommendations for gloves or thoughts would be appreciated.
                      Always remember that with a combo pair of gloves the padding is going to be a lot more compacted from pounding on the bag. Your opponents face is going to suffer as a result if you use them as sparring gloves too. Try if you can to get a dedicated pair of heavy bag gloves and sparring gloves to prevent this. Those Rival gloves are sweet. They have really nice padding and are gentle on your sparring partner's head. Beware of those wrap systems if you have large forearms. I can't use them. My forearms are big, and the hand compartment is large for the weight as well. Another brand I have found recently that compares to ringside is ring to cage. They have great IMF type sparring gloves, and their bag gloves are fast taking over the poorly made IMF tech 3rd generation gloves by Ringside. Another company is throwdown. Their elite gloves and training gloves are beautiful and well made. If you all don't know Combat sports, ringside, and throwdown all use the same manufacturer. However, for some reason Throwdown has been popping out better quality gear now for sometime. Plus they look awesome as well. If you order direct you get a one year guarantee on your gloves. Really helps.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                        • Apr 2011

Great info. Thanks. Can't find anyone whose used the FS tritech gloves. They look nice and on sale. Ill check out the throwdowns you mentioned too. Thanks!
                        -
                        Owner/Operator

Comment

• Hannibal
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                          Great info. Thanks. Can't find anyone whose used the FS tritech gloves. They look nice and on sale. Ill check out the throwdowns you mentioned too. Thanks!
                          Owned a pair of the Tri-Tech bag gloves. Sent them back because the wrapping system didn't fit around my forearm that well. The leather is very soft compared to say a ringside or many of titles other products. It is cowhide leather though. Another thing I noticed about them is the knuckle area offers a great deal of room compared to others gloves I have tried. They are much wider than cleto's and ringside IMF tech line. Check the Ring to Cage MIM Foam training/bag gloves too though. They are getting rave reviews everywhere. Their knuckle area is a bit more narrow than ringsides IMF's, which to me is a huge plus. Throwdown training gloves in the 16 oz are pretty sweet too. I am a gear head. I own 9 pairs of gloves. haha.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                            • Apr 2011

9 pairs of gloves!!! HAHA!! Wow!! I'm getting started, but it seems that decent gloves all cost around $100 a pop. It sounds like you get what you pay for though, and rather then just get a $30-40 pair of cheapies, I wanna spend a little cash to get something good, that'll last a while... we'll see. Thanks!
                            -
                            Owner/Operator

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...