• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diane P
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2011

Sparring Gloves

I am fairly new to boxing and want to purchase a good quality pair of gloves.
    Any suggestions on which brand is better.
    Windy
    Fairtek
    Ringside
    Grant
    Cleto
  • reggabdeeps
    • Jun 2011

i like my 16 oz ringside IMF tech sparring gloves but wishing i got something a little cheaper and with less padding, only because all the other people i spar with have gloves with less padding and its only fun for them

you posted in the "Heavy Bag and Double End Bag" section with a "Sparring Gloves" title... so i still have to ask, what will you be primary use for the gloves? usually people have different sets of gloves for bag work and sparring.

id say if youre just starting out, stay away from the Cleto and reyes gloves for your first pair and definitely if you intend these to be your "one-pair-for-everything" gloves.

Comment

• Diane P
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2011

I have a pair of ringside super bag gloves for my heavy bag now and they work great. I just wanted a better quality glove for sparring with my trainer in the gym. I think I will look at the ringside gloves you have and give them a whirl. Thanks for the input.

Comment

• Hannibal
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Diane P View Post
        I have a pair of ringside super bag gloves for my heavy bag now and they work great. I just wanted a better quality glove for sparring with my trainer in the gym. I think I will look at the ringside gloves you have and give them a whirl. Thanks for the input.
        If you want to try something new that has been receiving rave reviews everywhere for under 100 bucks (slightly under) try the new Deluxe MiM-Foam Sparring Gloves - Safety Strap from Ring to Cage. I bought a pair of their deluxed MIM foam gloves for the heavy bag, and they are my new favorite brand of glove next to ringside. Really great quality leather, and the hand compartment fits really nice compared to all the other 9 pairs of gloves I own. Also check out the Punch Town gloves or Venum available on fighter warehouse. They make great products.

Comment

• reggabdeeps
          • Jun 2011

i think i am gonna have to sell my fairly new 16 oz gloves. i have to get a pair of 14 oz instead.

Comment

• Prism
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2012

What are the main differences between sparring gloves and bag gloves? Just the amount of cushioning?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...