• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

DEVILLE Swivels-Oct. 2012 Update

JANUARY 2013 SWIVEL UPDATE:

I just want anyone reading this thread to know that I sold the last Deville A-51 on December 20, 2012. Thanks to all of you who have ordered one.

NOTE: I have a limited supply of A-51's in the "Seconds" drawer in the workshop. They are fully functional, but they're the un-pretty ones. The swivel base has a blemish, or maybe even a typo on it. I hand-stamp the name into the base, and every once in awhile, I would stamp an upside-down letter or something. If you really want this particular style, I usually offer these at a discount.

BUT, we have re-designed our other swivel – the No.13.
    It will be available for purchase on a very appropriate date:
    01-13-13
    (January 13, 2013).

You are welcome to email me before January 13th and I can put you on the Waiting List.

Here is the re-vamped No.13 swivel.
    Because of the simpler design, I am able to offer it for less!

You can contact me through the forum via Private Message,
    BUT, the best way to contact me is through my Deville Swivel email address:

DevilleSwivels@gmail.com

Bag on!!!

PREVIOUS POSTING FROM Oct. 2012…

Hey fellow speed baggers. I got an email recently, asking if I am still making Deville Speed Bag Swivels, so I thought I'd give you an update on the production of swivels…

I haven't posted on the forum lately as I've been letting other things distract me. But, just to set the record straight, I am still DEEPLY ADDICTED to my speed bagging hobby and continue to punch drum to music.

The answer to the email inquiry is: YES! I am happy to say that we are still making and shipping swivels to fellow baggers all over the world. Along with our first design – the A-51 Deville Swivel – we are also making the No.13 swivel – a swivel design that is a little more streamlined. It uses less of the neoprene material, so we are able to offer it for a few dollars less than the A-51.

In just about every email inquiry, I am asked if there is a difference between the two swivels. Both swivels are identical as far as performance goes. The only difference between the two is their design.

The A-51 looks similar to the traditional Everlast ball-hook design. The No.13 swivel is a more compact swivel, using less material. Frankly, I really like the look of the No.13 and my last two videos punching to music feature the No.13.

I have photos of the swivels on my Profile page here on the forum, (http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...hp?albumid=100) and I can be contacted through private messaging on the forum, but I recommend contacting me via devilleswivels@gmail.com because it's more convenient for me to respond without having to go through the private messaging on the forum. But, you can reach me either way.

I would like to add that we are constantly trying to improve the Deville swivels. Our latest design change has been the removable S-hook from the eye screw of the swivel. This is for baggers who want to switch out the S-hook with a nylon zip tie or a carabiner. Below is a video showing how easy is it to detach the s-hook from the eye-screw:

I would like to thank everyone who has contacted me about Deville Swivels. I try to reply within 24 hours of your inquiry. I accept payment via my PayPal account and by check or money order. I usually ship out an order within 24 hours of receipt of payment. So, typically, you can be bagging away on a spiffy Deville swivel within days of ordering.

I appreciate any and all input from those of you who have bought a Deville. If you have problems or any questions about your swivel, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again for the interest in our ball-hook swivels. BAG ON!!!

Last edited by MsDeville; 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • G-Town
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

S hook

QD - I Enjoy the shorter S hook than the long S hook. The switch over to the single post verses the double, I like the best,whatever # it is. Dee love the swivel, I told you... it's on my main board instead at "Newburgh" the gym: It's nasty! the one for me. Still like my "Powermill" lets be real about it!!! The two best swivels on earth. Can't wait till 4. How do you spell DEMON'?

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Glad to hear the production line is still moving

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Hey fellow speed baggers. I got an email recently, asking if I am still making Deville Speed Bag Swivels, so I thought I'd give you an update on the production of swivels…

I haven't posted on the forum lately as I've been letting other things distract me. But, just to set the record straight, I am still DEEPLY ADDICTED to my speed bagging hobby and continue to punch drum to music.

The answer to the email inquiry is: YES! I am happy to say that we are still making and shipping swivels to fellow baggers all over the world. Along with our first design – the A-51 Deville Swivel – we are also making the No.13 swivel – a swivel design that is a little more streamlined. It uses less of the neoprene material, so we are able to offer it for a few dollars less than the A-51.

In just about every email inquiry, I am asked if there is a difference between the two swivels. Both swivels are identical as far as performance goes. The only difference between the two is their design.

The A-51 looks similar to the traditional Everlast ball-hook design. The No.13 swivel is a more compact swivel, using less material. Frankly, I really like the look of the No.13 and my last two videos punching to music feature the No.13.

I have photos of the swivels on my Profile page here on the forum, (http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...hp?albumid=100) and I can be contacted through private messaging on the forum, but I recommend contacting me via devilleswivels@gmail.com because it's more convenient for me to respond without having to go through the private messaging on the forum. But, you can reach me either way.

I would like to add that we are constantly trying to improve the Deville swivels. Our latest design change has been the removable S-hook from the eye screw of the swivel. This is for baggers who want to switch out the S-hook with a nylon zip tie or a carabiner. Below is a video showing how easy is it to detach the s-hook from the eye-screw:

Just so I understand, the "new" upgrade has a method of eye-hook attachment to the ball that has a "single pole" hitting the housing on each rebound instead of the actual eye-hook hitting the housing? that means there is a bit more shank protuding from the ball and making contact with housing...

Some of us found that when the "eye" itself hits the housing it tends to slip a bit. I've had a few questions about that through speedbagcentral.com

thanks.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...this is what my finding was with messing around with my swivels and with adjusting the eye up into the ball or lowering down in different spots. what happened for me was kinda like what you said, when it was up high into the ball and the eye hit the housing. sometimes i would get a funny return but this only happened sometimes with my elbows. so the best spot for me was to have the top of the eye just barely hit the housing. so i would have it up as high as i could get it into the ball without hitting to much of the eye (just barely the top) then i wouldn't get that funny return...ralph
          I think that "funny return" is the eye twisting a bit when it hits the housing at various angles, giving a slight alteration or "float" to the bag. Happens only occasionaly, but the single bar shank doesn't twist, or at least I don't get near the "float" reaction. I think the truest rebound is if the eye-hook does not hit the housing at all, passing just below it.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

RE: Revision on the Deville ball-hook

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Just so I understand, the "new" upgrade has a method of eye-hook attachment to the ball that has a "single pole" hitting the housing on each rebound instead of the actual eye-hook hitting the housing? that means there is a bit more shank protuding from the ball and making contact with housing...

Some of us found that when the "eye" itself hits the housing it tends to slip a bit. I've had a few questions about that through speedbagcentral.com

thanks.

Yes, Alan. We have changed up the way we attach the eye-screw to the brass ball. When we first started making the swivels last January, we were using a smaller gauge eye screw and inserting it into a pre-drilled brass ball and soldering it in place. It was tedious work, but until we could locate and purchase a larger gauge eye screw, this was our method for connecting the screw to the brass ball. In July we had made a few that had flawed solder. I was contacted by 2 recipients of these ball/eye screw swivels and I promptly replaced them with the revised ball and eye screw assembly.

When we were finally able to find a larger gauge eye screw (boy, they're hard to find in bulk quantities), they were a perfect fit for the pre-drilled brass ball. To keep the screw from backing out of the hole, we now tap and die the ball and put in a permanent set screw. By making this revision, it changed how the eye-screw hits against the neoprene housing of the swivel. The new design now has a single post that hits against the housing. We were concerned about it wearing down the housing, but so far, we haven't seen any wear at all.

I have several platforms with both the old and new ball-hook design. I prefer the "single pole" design when I'm on a smaller bag and I'm doing a lot of elbow combinations. Sometimes I will notice a little hiccup every so often with the "double post" design when using a smaller bag. But, it might be because of a mis-hit, I'm just not sure.

Here is a photo of a No.13 swivel with the revised eye screw. You will also notice that we notch the eye screw and S-hook in such a way that you are able to remove the S-hook from the eye screw. This comes in handy, especially if you like to switch out the S-hook for a carabiner or a zip tie, or even a shoe lace.

Anyway, I hope I cleared up any questions about the new design.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              I have several platforms with both the old and new ball-hook design. I prefer the "single pole" design when I'm on a smaller bag and I'm doing a lot of elbow combinations. Sometimes I will notice a little hiccup every so often with the "double post" design when using a smaller bag. But, it might be because of a mis-hit, I'm just not sure.
              It's always best to blame the swivel. Actually, some of the best baggers in here have noticed the same thing. There was even a few discussions about it at New Jersey in July, on the double post design. The swivel eye can hit "flat" on the housing with no problem, but if it hits on the eye edge it could "slip" on the housing depending on the exact angle of strike. If it slides a bit on the housing, the bag seems to float (float is my term, I guess, for hiccup). Doesn't happen much, but 4 or 5 of us did notice it.

anyway, I imagine the single pole helps stop that.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 11-12-2012, 09:19 AM.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...