X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockSteadyBoxer
    • Nov 2018

New drum on Title adjustable platform

Just had a drum made from Baltic Birch Plywood by a friend of the family. I am not a woodworker, so had to learn on the fly getting the holes drilled to counter sink the bolts, but it is not too bad for my first time.

I am really enjoying the sound and the rebound of the new drum.

Next on the improvement list is to replace the bushings in the adjustment mechanism to reduce some of the vibration.
    Attached Files
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Wow! That lOOks great and I imagine that functionality exceeds the previous version by a mile. After you make the other alterations I hope you update. BTW how thick is that hunk o' wood, 5"?
    Last edited by BagBoy; 12-18-2018, 12:08 AM.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Zaz
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2018

Wow! Nice platform!!!

Comment

• RockSteadyBoxer
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
        Wow! That lOOks great and I imagine that functionality exceeds the previous version by a mile. After you make the other alterations I hope you update. BTW how thick is that hunk o' wood, 5"?
        Thanks! The original MDF was approx. 1" and 12 lbs. This is almost 3" and 30 lbs. Absolutely plan to keep this updated when I get there!

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by RockSteadyBoxer View Post
          Just had a drum made from Baltic Birch Plywood by a friend of the family. I am not a woodworker, so had to learn on the fly getting the holes drilled to counter sink the bolts, but it is not too bad for my first time.

I am really enjoying the sound and the rebound of the new drum.

Next on the improvement list is to replace the bushings in the adjustment mechanism to reduce some of the vibration.
          Been a wood worker hobbies for more than 60yr. That's a nice piece of work.
          Sure would like to hear it.

Comment

• RockSteadyBoxer
            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by dad View Post
            Been a wood worker hobbies for more than 60yr. That's a nice piece of work.
            Sure would like to hear it.
            Here's a quick idea of the sound ... it does sound better in person!

Last edited by RockSteadyBoxer; 12-26-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Here is a tip, in order to post vids inline without needing to click the link and switch to youtube, just add the start tag "[yootube]", then the ID of the video (not the entire URL, and then the end tag "[/yootube]", but spell yootube correctly. So, with your vid it would be:

[yootube]oJa4-gbTO-s[/yootube]

but with youtube. Like this:

@ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• RockSteadyBoxer
                • Nov 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                Here is a tip, in order to post vids inline without needing to click the link and switch to youtube, just add the start tag "[yootube]", then the ID of the video (not the entire URL, and then the end tag "[/yootube]", but spell yootube correctly. So, with your vid it would be:

[yootube]oJa4-gbTO-s[/yootube]

but with youtube. Like this:

Fixed it ... thanks!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...