• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geno
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2017

Platform, Bag, Wraps...and now?

For my birthday my wife bought me an XMark 2811, Title SB-6 (6x9) and wraps (Mexican style). Red. Had to be red. Happy man, I am. She's interested, I think, doubling the joy.

Y'all understand!

One simple question:

There are enough videos out there on how to punch the bag and proper technique and how to start and on and on. One thing that's not entirely clear is whether you punch with the knuckles, the soft base of the hand, or alternate between the two. What say you?

Thanks much!
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Geno View Post
    For my birthday my wife bought me an XMark 2811, Title SB-6 (6x9) and wraps (Mexican style). Red. Had to be red. Happy man, I am. She's interested, I think, doubling the joy.

Y'all understand!

One simple question:

There are enough videos out there on how to punch the bag and proper technique and how to start and on and on. One thing that's not entirely clear is whether you punch with the knuckles, the soft base of the hand, or alternate between the two. What say you?

Thanks much!
    Alan Kahn explains all this in the speed bag bible. It's a good investment, and by the way I hit with both parts as well as my fingertips and back dust. The choice is yours my friend.
    If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

• Geno
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2017

Very helpful, gents. Thanks much. Learned many years ago when I took up the bagpipes that it was better to get down proper technique at the beginning rather than trying to correct bad habits later. Hence the question about the bag.

Hmmm...bagpipes and speed bag...

Comment

• Lee Chapman
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Geno View Post
        Very helpful, gents. Thanks much. Learned many years ago when I took up the bagpipes that it was better to get down proper technique at the beginning rather than trying to correct bad habits later. Hence the question about the bag.

Hmmm...bagpipes and speed bag...
        I agree. I was dropping my hands away when I started hitting, but didn't realise I was doing it until I posted some video and the helpful folks on here pointed it out.

Cheers
        L
        If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
        So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

• harry56
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2017

It would be great to get that because I usually have to limit my workout to half an hour since my wife and I just had a baby.

gclub

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...