• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattie
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2014

Title ultimate swivel

Is this the ultimate pro swivel or the deluxe pro swivel from Title?
    I bought it (not from title) and they say its the deluxe but to me it looks like the ultimate. Thank you.
    Attached Files
  • Eric
    • May 2014

Swivel

Welcome to the Forum! I think you would enjoy a ball swivel more. Check out a Deville #13. Dee is on the forum and a very good bagger as well.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by mattie View Post
      Is this the ultimate pro swivel or the deluxe pro swivel from Title?
      I bought it (not from title) and they say its the deluxe but to me it looks like the ultimate. Thank you.
      Looks like a U-bolt gigantimus to me . Honestly, I'm not sure what exact model that is.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• mattie
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2014

Haha ya its about 3/4 inch longer than my p.o.s chain link swivel.
        I bought this from forza sports on ebay and it was listed as the delux pro swivel. I already sent one back cause Im pretty sure its the ultimate but never the less its gaul dern huge and this one will be going back. Thanks anyways.

Comment

• mattie
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2014

Well according to some youtube videos I watched it is suppose to be the deluxe swivel. Oh well.
          Ill be buying a stainless anchor shackle and switching around some parts from my other swivel to hopefully gain a shorter arc length.
          I thought about mounting the swivel from the top and recessing the wood so only the U bolt would be hanging out of the bottom but I guess the U bolt needs to metal base to hit?? Im guessing??

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

Hello Mattie and welcome to the forum. I started with a ubolt and moved to a ballhook after a couple of months. Along the way I also hit a chain link. My suggestion would be to get a decent ball hook as soon as possible. My guess is at some point you will migrate to it and when you do there will be a few steps backwards. Just my two cents. Most of all... Enjoy!

Comment

• mattie
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2014

I do have the plastic ball swivel from everlast and dont care for it. Just seemed no matter how I hit it, it would never stay straight for more than 3-4 hits, either hitting it fast or slow. Maybe just my skills right now.
              I havent done the metal ball plastic housing swap yet either.
              Nevertheless like I said I already bought that Title one.

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Yeah, both versions of the Everlast plastic ball hook have a severe amount of slop in them. Pretty much they will only behave with large (and I mean LARGE) bags.

Comment

• mattie
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Mar 2014

Oh I thought the metal ball swap into the plastic housing cured that?

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by mattie View Post
                    Oh I thought the metal ball swap into the plastic housing cured that?
                    Did for me. This is an everlast metal ball dropped into a plastic housing.

this red 8x5 title classic is a small, very light bag but I did not notice any swivel "slop" or float.

url: http://youtu.be/vKSPwM6VjtM?list=UUZ...jbhy4A2JnMrPtg

This one also, at least the first rendition of this video. (the recumbent blast from the blast is a standard everlast metal Ballhook)

url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0El88yLjag

I love this rig personally and for a while it was all I used until the Deville 13 came out, which for my opinion is faster and smoother.
                    Last edited by Speedbag; 10-28-2014, 07:49 PM.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...