• Show
Clear All
  • rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

logo thoughts

Hi I am going to attempt to put a couple of logos on the forum
    they need to be tweaked.....I noticed I put !V instead of V1 on one of them

I thought maybe not put V1 on either logo and just put that on the banners etc. what do you think?

I am not an artist but I can come up with ideas.
    Attached Files
  • speedy G
    • Oct 2014

Hi rehamco1. We must think on the same wavelength.

Some food for thought on logos: logos should be simple yet versatile - and scalable. A “branding” logo should be able to be modified to suit an event/occasion, but also be representative of the “brand” or “organization” itself.
    - or it could be kept mysteriously clean, (like attached) – but whatever the logo, it should be easily modifiable to:
    - be color or monochrome
    - round or square –
    - potentially be reused with slight mods in the future for consistent branding, rather than reinventing every year.

You want people to see the logo and associate it with the organization and the sport. (btw, anyone ever considered creating an "International Speed Bag Association" non-profit?)

Also, if you think about marketing – a good logo might be able to incorporate a sponsors logo too – dual branding that makes $$ for you as well. I whipped up the attached as samples that “sort of” meet that criteria.

On the otherhand, there are as many perspectives on logos as there are on the best speed bags - but I'm happy to join to join the discussion and add some food for thought as the planning progresses. -mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by speedy G; 10-23-2014, 06:23 PM. Reason: forgot text

Comment

• rehamco1
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by speedy G View Post
      Hi rehamco1. We must think on the same wavelength.

Some food for thought on logos: logos should be simple yet versatile - and scalable. A “branding” logo should be able to be modified to suit an event/occasion, but also be representative of the “brand” or “organization” itself.
      - or it could be kept mysteriously clean, (like attached) – but whatever the logo, it should be easily modifiable to:
      - be color or monochrome
      - round or square –
      - potentially be reused with slight mods in the future for consistent branding, rather than reinventing every year.

You want people to see the logo and associate it with the organization and the sport. (btw, anyone ever considered creating an "International Speed Bag Association" non-profit?)

Also, if you think about marketing – a good logo might be able to incorporate a sponsors logo too – dual branding that makes $$ for you as well. I whipped up the attached as samples that “sort of” meet that criteria.

On the otherhand, there are as many perspectives on logos as there are on the best speed bags - but I'm happy to join to join the discussion and add some food for thought as the planning progresses. -mike
      Good Thoughts people who don't know what a speed bag is might be confused But if somewhere on your great logos you might print speed bag it would be awesome

Comment

• speedy G
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
        Good Thoughts people who don't know what a speed bag is might be confused But if somewhere on your great logos you might print speed bag it would be awesome
        excellent point(s). just throwing some thoughts out there.

Comment

• rehamco1
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2013

excellent point(s). just throwing some thoughts out there.
          and really good points and thoughts you are throwing out there.....HEY does anyone else have any other thoughts points logo ideas I am sure every body would like to see and hear them.......

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

I agree with SpeedG... less is ALWAYS more in branding logo's... it will allow for future tweaks and text can always be added, but the basic design remains the same.

Using a font to keep with the original 'roman numeral' feel we can make this logo timeless.... and it will look great on tee-shirts, stickers & banners alike!

Here's a few of my tweaks to demonstrate:
            Attached Files
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

...and just for Alan!
              Attached Files

Comment

• speedy G
                • Oct 2014

note: those samples are low res - should you choose to use one or all, I can provide hi-res .jpeg via e-mail to whomever needs them. I can add text if you want too - or just provide the master hi-res logos to whomever will be entrusted with them, and text can be added later. remember when selecting font that you want it to be legible large (on posters, banners) and also when reduced small (on stickers and/or patches).

btw - why do you add periods to B.A.G. for the convention?

-mike

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  ...and just for Alan!

noted.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

note: those samples are low res - should you choose to use one or all, I can provide hi-res .jpeg via e-mail to whomever needs them. I can add text if you want too - or just provide the master hi-res logos to whomever will be entrusted with them, and text can be added later. remember when selecting font that you want it to be legible large (on posters, banners) and also when reduced small (on stickers and/or patches).

btw - why do you add periods to B.A.G. for the convention?

-mike
                    Hey Mike... I'll take the high rez version (mine were just an example), check your PM for my direct email address.

The 'periods' are part of the original name design created by Tim & stand for Speed Bag Annual Gathering (SPEEDB.A.G.)... "SPEEDBAGA.G." would just be weird! (speedba-gag )

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

...and just for Alan!
                      I think people will take that literally and stay away in droves.

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        I think people will take that literally and stay away in droves.
                        That's why it's just for Alan! ...you know a little AOTB insider fun!

Comment

• Zaza
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Del-Striking
                          A friend at work was helping design a monicker, and I asked him what if you wrap the font around the speedbag. In this case Speedbag VI would be circling the bag. just a thought. you can tell me to pound sand if you want.
                          Please don't hate me, but here's my humble opinion (and years in marketing & sales)...Although this will make a great moniker/icon for you, I don't think it translates into a good logo design. It's more of an image then a graphic. (too detailed)

Logo's tend to be just a text treatment, a graphic or text & graphic. This makes it easy to recognize and supports the branding.

That said, a 'flatter' more graphic version of the speed bag & platform might be good!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Del-Striking
                            • Aug 2014

Please don't hate me, but here's my humble opinion (and years in marketing & sales)...Although this will make a great moniker/icon for you, I don't think it translates into a good logo design. It's more of an image then a graphic. (too detailed)

Logo's tend to be just a text treatment, a graphic or text & graphic. This makes it easy to recognize and supports the branding.

That said, a 'flatter' more graphic version of the speed bag & platform might be good!
                            I hear ya Zaza, I was thinking along the lines of an advertisement and not a brand/logo.

Comment

• Zaza
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2011

Working on some CD art for a friend today and thought I'd play with a text treatment...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...