• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Nice swivel

I saw this. Maybe you guys are interested.

• rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

vent, what do you think of the 4444?

I'm not going to bid, already have 2 that came with bags. I paid less than the bag+swivel than that auction is bid up to already. Just curious for your opinion on the 4444s.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

The older ones are not bad for a roller chain link swivel. I've had a few over the years. Got pretty good at changing bags on them. This one is a very late one with the nylon flange, and what looks to be the chrome plated housing. Not quite as bad as the ball & hook swivels with the chrome finish, but they still could spray some metal flakes around with use.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

For me, the PITA of changing bags is a deal breaker. I'm lucky if I spend 10 minutes on a bag before going to another one. So far, only a hook will do.

-Rusty
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2006

That 4444 is a very fast swivel. It's actually my favorite. Changing bags is a cinch with a pair of needle nose pliers. You wont be sorry if you get it. It even works pretty good in different directions. Mine was an older version, all steel.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

The problem with the late ball hook and roller chain swivels with the chrome plating is that the plating flakes off while you are hitting the bag. It's more of a problem with the ball hook ones, but it does happen with the roller chain ones as well. We've had members that have gotten the metal chips in their eyes from these,as a warning. They went to the all plastic swivels shortly afterwards

Comment

• m.breen
              • Jan 2017

I use a old metal shower curtain hook to easily remove the"R" pin on my 4444.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...