• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Upward Double Elbow Strikes (U-DES)

After not punching for a couple of weeks I was having withdraws so I stepped up to the bag Friday and asked myself why not Upward Elbow Strikes? I really didn't think they would work but after messing around I started throwing the Upward Double Elbow Strikes and linking them with the downward doubles and next came the Triple........ WARNING!!! Be careful!!!! It is very easy to bash your elbow into the board or the swivel! IT HURTS(take my word for it)!!
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Leave to the Baggist! I've seen more new moves on the bag this past year.

Better add new shorthand to the next edition, AK.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Something tells me that's not the most easiest move to make, either.

I take it you're liking your Title Platinum bag.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Beyond imagination for me! Obviously not for you....Wow!

Daniel, that's pretty amazing! I can remember AK saying there's no such thing as an upward strike in speed bagging, well you defied the laws of gravity on this one my friend! You may have to write the "Baggist Laws of Speed Bagging" like Newton. The 2 week lay off must have been just what you needed. Bag on Brother! Thanks for posting!
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
          Daniel, that's pretty amazing! I can remember AK saying there's no such thing as an upward strike in speed bagging, well you defied the laws of gravity on this one my friend! You may have to write the "Baggist Laws of Speed Bagging" like Newton. The 2 week lay off must have been just what you needed. Bag on Brother! Thanks for posting!
          Did I really say that? Well that just goes to show ya:

1: I was wrong. I didn't know what I was talking about at the time.
          2: I was right. What I do on the speed bag is just a sampling of what's possible. I have always thought more was possible and some of the genious baggin' I see on this board proves it.

Baggists display of Upward Single Elbow Strike (U-SES), Upward Double Elbow Strike (U-DES) and Upward Triple Elbow Strike (U-TES) is truly original to me and a natural extension of elbow striking I have never seen before.

So once again the known speed bag universe expands. I have never seen any version of that done by the early masters or the current crowd. But somehow I think it will be quickly copied. Bet we see double bumping upwards before long.

Nice one, Baggist.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Baggist what can i say............BRILLIANT!

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

2: I was right. What I do on the speed bag is just a sampling of what's possible. I have always thought more was possible and some of the genious baggin' I see on this board proves it.

Baggists display of Upward Single Elbow Strike (U-SES), Upward Double Elbow Strike (U-DES) and Upward Triple Elbow Strike (U-TES) is truly original to me and a natural extension of elbow strikinh I have never seen before.

So once again the known speed bag universe expands. I have never seen any version of that done by the early masters or the current crowd. But somehow I think it will be quickly copied.
              HTML Code:
               Bet we see double bumping upwards before long.
              Nice one, Baggist.
              Sounds like a job for super Mitts!!

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                Leave to the Baggist! I've seen more new moves on the bag this past year.

Better add new shorthand to the next edition, AK.
                Thanks Biff!! 2010 has been a Great year for bagging. I think even though many of us couldn't attend.... the energy created by SPEED B.A.G. 2010 inspired all of us baggers to new levels.
                Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Something tells me that's not the most easiest move to make, either.

I take it you're liking your Title Platinum bag.
                It actually came relatively easy but I think throwing the uppercuts on the vert bag might have laid the ground for it. Mainly I think it is just getting the correct angle so your fist and elbow clear the board and swivel. The Title Platinums are great bags so far. I really like the super small one a lot. Another good thing is my bags have been sitting around for a while and my pump is broke and that was the only bag that still had enough air to punch.
                Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                Thanks Nova!!! Yeah I really didn't think it would work, I was just kinda goofin around and tried it a few times and was stoked when it worked. I think time off does help out the mind but it sucks losing out on the workout.
                Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Baggists display of Upward Single Elbow Strike (U-SES), Upward Double Elbow Strike (U-DES) and Upward Triple Elbow Strike (U-TES) is truly original to me and a natural extension of elbow striking I have never seen before.

So once again the known speed bag universe expands. I have never seen any version of that done by the early masters or the current crowd. But somehow I think it will be quickly copied. Bet we see double bumping upwards before long.

Nice one, Baggist.
                Doesn't Matter AK. Without your inspiration and knowledge I would have lost interest in the speed bag a long time ago and instead of throwing upward elbow strikes I'd probably be wasting my time at the bar just throwing up!! Thanks Alan!!!!!
                Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Baggist what can i say............BRILLIANT!
                Thanks Fingers!!!!!

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                  After not punching for a couple of weeks I was having withdraws so I stepped up to the bag Friday and asked myself why not Upward Elbow Strikes? I really didn't think they would work but after messing around I started throwing the Upward Double Elbow Strikes and linking them with the downward doubles and next came the Triple........ WARNING!!! Be careful!!!! It is very easy to bash your elbow into the board or the swivel! IT HURTS(take my word for it)!!
                  That's insanity dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go... another new technique brought to life !!

Comment

• deano
                    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

45 trucks and counting. Always good Daniel. Keep the vids coming

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      That's insanity dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go... another new technique brought to life !!
                      Actually, that would be three techniques if you count the upward Single, Double and Triple. I would say these surpass the 4-Way Elbow Strikes in skill required, and may even surpass the Reverse Roll (R-Roll) or Side-Reverse Double Punch (S-RDP) as the most difficult to master.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Cool to add a new technique. Am I wrong, or does it sound a little like a miss hit? It kinda looks like the swivel is going up a little and getting air. Maybe if there weren't any force behind it but just let the bag rebound off the elbow at this point would keep it smooth. Great to be pushing the envelope on what can be done with speed bagin, new techniques, swivels, boards and mounts. Keep it coming baggers!!!

Comment

• Tim
                          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                          Cool to add a new technique. Am I wrong, or does it sound a little like a miss hit? It kinda looks like the swivel is going up a little and getting air.
                          This takes impeccable timing, because it's an upward strike, it's very easy to drive the ball into the top of the swivel housing. He's hitting on a Atomic XS 7"x5" bag , so it's light and small...small target, requires great precision and just the right amount of force. And he's punching VERY FAST, which makes it all the harder... so to sum it all up, I think there is a slight clank in there somewhere, but it's still rebounding pretty darn good, and as I like to say : "if it works, it works"

Overall I think Baggist deserves a NOBEL BAGGIN' PRIZE for bringing this new technique to life.
                          Last edited by Tim; 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            This takes impeccable timing, because it's an upward strike, it's very easy to drive the ball into the top of the swivel housing.

He's hitting on an Atomic XS 7"x5" bag , so it's light and small...small target, requires great precision and just the right amount of force.

And he's punching VERY FAST, which makes it all the harder...

Overall I think Baggist deserves a NOBEL BAGGIN' PRIZE for bringing this new technique to life.
                            Yes, I agree that this qualifies for a Nobel prize!

And after searching the web, I have found the elusive NOBEL BAGGING PRIZE medal!!
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                              ...And after searching the web, I have found the elusive NOBEL BAGGING PRIZE medal!!
                              I can't wait to hear The Baggist's Nobel speech.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...