• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Slow motion

One really cool thing abou this Windows Movie Maker software is that you can easily slow a clip down to half speed. Check it out

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag Slow motion

Yes, that is a cool feature. I like the fact that the sound goes with it....

I used that feature on my speed bag combination demos also:

Click on the "speed bag combinations"

Tim: I suggest you might keep your non-punching hand up higher. I notice you are initiating the change over punch (other hand) from your waist. It is especially evident on your split fist. Your FSP of either arm is coming from your waist. Watch how your elbows and fists often drop down out of the frame, indicating an up-down arm motion. It might be easier if keep it at your chin or shoulder.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 03-26-2006, 10:41 PM. Reason: link fix
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag
      Tim: I suggest you might keep your non-punching hand up higher. I notice you are initiating the change over punch (other hand) from your waist. It is especially evident on your split fist. Your FSP of either arm is coming from your waist. Watch how your elbows and fists often drop down out of the frame, indicating an up-down arm motion. It might be easier if keep it at your chin or shoulder.
      Will do... thx for the advice.

Comment

• Longarm
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2006

Great flick

I really enjoyed those little movies.
        Thanks.

L

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

How's this? (There's a before and after clip in the following)

I can tell the rythm is faster already, with a little more practice it should be much faster.
          Last edited by Tim; 03-27-2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Tims speed bag video 2

by TIM: I can tell the rythm is faster already, with a little more practice it should be much faster
            Absolutely. Very nice. Your linking arm position and contact is fine. This may be wordy, but stay with me. You can do this...

Now we'll make the whole combination a tad easier, with a slight "style" change, and a re-think of the combination sequence..

You are keeping your non-linking fist up nicely, and holding it close to your chin in Front Circle Punch (FCP) position, with the side of your fist facing the bag.

As you move to follow the RSP (with the opposite fist..) you have your elbow up parallel, and look to initiate a FCP swing, but bend your wrist to angle your fist, hitting the front of your knuckles, sort of like a half hearted FSP connection.

The key to making this combination really "jump" in speed and timing is to think what would be the next "best" punch after any technique. After the LEFT Reverse Single Punch (RSP) - doing a Right FCP will work, but try a Right FSP and see how much easier it becomes. That's because it would be a natural split fist alignment. [ After a RSP, it is natural to do a FCP with the SAME hand, but slightly awkward to do a FCP with the opposite hand.]

Do this: As your fist (either one) moves to hit the bag with the Reverse Single Punch (RSP), change your front fist to the FSP position (elbow down, knuckles forward). [This position can naturally follow the motion of the arm behind the bag swinging back in RSP]. You can easily anticipate the timing for this, since it naturally sets up the RSP ' ' FSP split fist. The Right FSP will follow the Left RSP much easier.

Now think about after the Reverse Single Punch. the combination has two punches from the front of the bag. IF you did step ONE above, (follow the RSP with a FSP), then the next most natural punch would be your Front Circle Punch (FCP) by the same arm. It is 1/2 of the basic rhythm. (Right FSP, Right FCP..)

SO, you will actually be doing..

Right FSP ' ' ' Right FCP ' ' Right RSP ' ' Left FSP ' ' ' Left FCP ' ' Left RSP... repeat.

And also: As you move to hit the Front Circle Punch FCP , notice how the body flow turns the trunk of your body in perfect alignment for the other Fist FSP.

Well, just play with it. I think you'll find it gives a much faster flow and your speed will increase also.

Great video taping by the way. Makes for some interesting tuturials.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Do this: As your fist (either one) moves to hit the bag with the Reverse Single Punch (RSP), change your front fist to the FSP position (elbow down, knuckles forward). [This position can naturally follow the motion of the arm behind the bag swinging back in RSP]. You can easily anticipate the timing for this, since it naturally sets up the RSP ' ' FSP split fist. The Right FSP will follow the Left RSP much easier.

Well, just play with it. I think you'll find it gives a much faster flow and your speed will increase also.
              How's this? I tried to clean up the FSP a bit. This is a compilation of all 3 days, you can definitely see a speed increase on each. I think I was obsessed with keeping my elbows and arms up on the middle clip. Latest clip definitely feels more relaxed and natural.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at these and give me pointers. I've made more progress in the last couple of days then I probably ever have in a week's time frame
              Last edited by Tim; 03-29-2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...