Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > History

Supporter Links & Advertisements

History Discuss all aspects of bag punching history here.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Another Lucky Find..

Just scored a Frontier Sporting Goods Striking Bag on eBay. Seller said the leather was soft and supple. From the photos it looked brand new.Even had the original box.
Waiting with baited breath for this one. One of the lessor known brands, from what I have been able to dig up do far it's another firm that primarily made baseball equipment. Photos as soon as it arrives

Last edited by Dutchman; 01-12-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Speed Bag Guru

paranday is on a distinguished road
It's pretty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontier.jpg (27.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
It looks similar to my A.J.Reach bag. From the description it sounded like it has a bottom valve bladder, but the seller did not attempt to inflate it. My experience is that it's probably a butyl rubber bladder, which usually ages fairly well , with the exception of the valve. We'll see when it gets here.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Speed Bag Guru

ventanakaz is on a distinguished road
WOW, Nice. Even has a short loop, can't wait to see it full of air and see how big it is. I'm jealous
Old 01-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Speed Bag Guru

jaja6009 is on a distinguished road
Definitely get some pics up when she arrives and is inflated. Funny how at first I avoided vintage bags, but now love them. That Everlast 4200 I got changed my whole thinking about vintage bags.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Speed Bag Historian

As others on this board will attest, buying a vintage bag without having the luxury of examining it can be a bit of a gamble. All too often what looks good in a photo can actually have dry rot, to the point where they can't even be displayed let alone actually used for the intended purpose. I've bought a couple like that, kept them because they were relatively rare makes. It all depends how they were treated and more importantly, how they were stored. "Barn finds" tend to be disasters, as well as ones that have been in damp basements.The extreme heat in attics is not kind either. The best ones tend to be the ones that have been put away in a closet in the house and forgotten about until now....
Old 01-13-2018, 07:28 PM
Speed Bag Guru

REB is on a distinguished road
Very Nice! It looks to be a big one. It fills the box which is 16 inches long.

If you do not like it Dutchman, I will make a good offer for it
Old 01-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Bag arrived today, it's in great shape, the only problem is that the valve is shot (which I expected). Did manage to inflate it and plug it long enough to take a couple of photos. As soon as I convert the images I'll post them. The bag is a 9 x14, with a nice fat belly. I have to order some bladders for a couple other bags that I have that need them, once I install a new one I'll post a report
Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 AM
Speed Bag Historian

[IMG]ScreenHunter_27 Jan. 21 16.20.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Speed Bag Guru

REB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
[IMG]ScreenHunter_27 Jan. 21 16.20.jpg[/IMG]
Can't view it