X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Easy Adjustable Platform Prototype

I have always been skeptical of adjustable platforms. I have always thought that they are more trouble than they are worth.

I see a lot of pictures of adjustable platforms, but I never see any videos that actually demonstrate how to adjust an adjustable platform. Are there any videos out there showing how to adjust the different platforms?

I'll post more later, but I wanted to get some feedback on this new adjustable platform design that my partner, Raul has been working on for the past couple of months.

This first video shows a closeup of the new adjustable platform that Raul has designed. It's a variation of our non-adjustable platform and it is pretty sturdy. (He's also trying out an eyeless S-hook in the video. It was the first one he made, and he shortened the length of the shaft right after this video was taken.

This is the first prototype of the adjustable platform. Shown on the right at the very end of the clip is a newer prototype where Raul made a few minor design changes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This second video shows how to adjust this platform. It takes less than 30 seconds to adjust it and lock it in place. And I can do it by myself! On top of the wood drum is a gas shock that actually pulls up on the drum when the 4 lock knobs are loosened, making it easy to lift up or pull down to the position you want it to be in. (The drum weighs about 35 lbs.)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Let me know what you guys think of this design. Like I said, these are just the prototypes and will be refined/tweaked a bit before the final design is made. Thanks!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • CeSalt
    • Nov 2013

I love the fact that you don't have to support the drum while adjusting. That's a huge plus especially for baggers with thicker or larger than usual custom drums. That feature was the main reason I was looking at the worm drive design a few weeks back.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      I have always been skeptical of adjustable platforms. I have always thought that they are more trouble than they are worth.

I see a lot of pictures of adjustable platforms, but I never see any videos that actually demonstrate how to adjust an adjustable platform. Are there any videos out there showing how to adjust the different platforms?

I'll post more later, but I wanted to get some feedback on this new adjustable platform design that my partner, Raul has been working on for the past couple of months.

This first video shows a closeup of the new adjustable platform that Raul has designed. It's a variation of our non-adjustable platform and it is pretty sturdy. (He's also trying out an eyeless S-hook in the video. It was the first one he made, and he shortened the length of the shaft right after this video was taken.

This is the first prototype of the adjustable platform. Shown on the right at the very end of the clip is a newer prototype where Raul made a few minor design changes.

This second video shows how to adjust this platform. It takes less than 30 seconds to adjust it and lock it in place. And I can do it by myself! On top of the wood drum is a gas shock that actually pulls up on the drum when the 4 lock knobs are loosened, making it easy to lift up or pull down to the position you want it to be in. (The drum weighs about 35 lbs.)

Let me know what you guys think of this design. Like I said, these are just the prototypes and will be refined/tweaked a bit before the final design is made. Thanks!

Wow is that original, very cool, useful ...and did I say "original". my first thought is I pretty much love it.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Very nice, I'm impressed by the engineering of this.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          I love the design, whenever you adjust up or down will it be level or do you have to a level on it and how much adjustment does it have (the more the marry) I was going to buy a valor but I can't put a big enough drum on it to fit my vintage bag, btw the bag wouldn't work on my 28" so I went to 36" ...ralph
          Raul plans to color the inside pipe (that travels up and down) in equal increments so the user can use them as a visual when adjusting. It can be adjusted up to 6".

Originally posted by CeSalt View Post
          I love the fact that you don't have to support the drum while adjusting. That's a huge plus especially for baggers with thicker or larger than usual custom drums. That feature was the main reason I was looking at the worm drive design a few weeks back.
          The gas shock is designed to easily "suck up" the thick drum (30" dia.) to the topmost position. The drum weighs about 34 lbs. I like the fact that I can very easily adjust the drum. I find that I can change out my bag and quickly adjust the drum to it.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Wow is that original, very cool, useful ...and did I say "original". my first thought is I pretty much love it.
          Thanks, Alan. Raul took this on as sort of a challenge. It still needs some refining, but all in all, I think it's pretty slick!

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Very nice, I'm impressed by the engineering of this.
          Thanks Dutchman. To tell you the truth, I'm impressed too! Raul will think and think about something for days until he comes up with a solution. It helps that he also seems to look at things outside the box.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• scoobydoo
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2014

the strut addition is a very good idea. your design is looking real good.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...