• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Motor Sports and Speed Bag Training

As most of us can only imagine, the world of Professional Motor Sports driving requires fast hands and precise coordination, as well as stamina to endure long races. The fitness and training requirements of these athletes is just as demanding as any other sport. As a speed bagger, I know the difficulty and precision of eye-hand coordination and speed required to go full speed on a small (8x5 or smaller) speed bag. I also know the stamina required by the upper extremity muscles to keep it going for longer periods of time. I can only imagine the precision eye-hand coordination, and speed of movements required to control a vehicle going over 100 or possible 200 miles per hour. Fitness and training for this group is mentioned in the VRG (Vintage Racer Group) newsletter Page 16

One of the recognized fitness authorities in this area is Dr. R.S. Jutley, M.D,
    who is a thoracic and cardiovascular physician. He is also a competitor at world championship level as a Rally Driver. Racing is his passion, and he published a book "Fit for Motorsport" in 2003 about the specific training and fitness requirements for his fellow athletes. (see the recommendation as a book to have in your motor sports library on page 17 of the pdf link above). This book has received positive reviews from those within the sport

Dr. Jutley has now updated his first edition and has published his Second Edition edition of MotorSport Fitness Manual. He had contacted me sometime ago about the speed and eye-hand coordination benefits of speed bag training and his belief that it would be an important part of a drivers training regime. I offered some insights and I'm happy to say that he has included them and endorsed speed bag training as a recommended activity for those within the sport.

The inclusion and recommendation of speed bag training in the book of a leading authority in MotorSports fitness could be a huge promotion for the speed bag and I'm hoping this may lead to some motor sports drivers to joining our forum as the word gets out.

The benefits of the speed bag can positively impact virtually every athlete in every sport. I am happy to Welcome the world of motor sports under the board.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great to see the benefits of speed bagging are finally extending into other sports.

The forum has attracted some member of the music world, thanks to Alan. And now, we may see names from the professional ranks of the sporting world.

Outstanding!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Great to see the benefits of speed bagging are finally extending into other sports.

The forum has attracted some member of the music world, thanks to Alan. And now, we may see names from the professional ranks of the sporting world.

Outstanding!
      Thanks Biff. I appreciate your support. To be fair, the forum has attacted Members of the Music World, and hopefully those in Motorsports, thanks to the uniqueness and benefits of the BAG. I really believe the BAG is the beauty and I'm just a mouthpiece. Philosophical I suppose, but that is the way I see it.
      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Thanks Biff. I appreciate your support. To be fair, the forum has attacted Members of the Music World, and hopefully those in Motorsports, thanks to the uniqueness and benefits of the BAG. I really believe the BAG is the beauty and I'm just a mouthpiece. Philosophical I suppose, but that is the way I see it.

Alan, I understand you position, and I admire you for it. BUT, the bag by itself would never have started the forum or attracted others without your knowledge, skill, teaching abilities, and dedication - you are the true ambassador of the sport of speed bagging. I think EVERYONE would agree with that.

Not to mention all the behind-the-scenes charitable work you and others on the forum perform. Every time I hear about the work done by these folks, I am truly touched by their generosity and dedication.

This forum is blessed to have to these people as members.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Alan, I understand you position, and I admire you for it. BUT, the bag by itself would never have started the forum or attracted others without your knowledge, skill, teaching abilities, and dedication - you are the true ambassador of the sport of speed bagging. I think EVERYONE would agree with that.

Not to mention all the behind-the-scenes charitable work you and others on the forum perform. Every time I hear about the work done by these folks, I am truly touched by their generosity and dedication.

Here Here and so say all of us!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Yes, and how Black is the Pot that talks to the Kettle.....

This forum truly has some very generous members.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...