Roberto duran back in the ring at age 62!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MARTHA1
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2013

Roberto duran back in the ring at age 62!!!

Hi all,

The greatest lightweight of all time Makes ring comeback for a 3 round exhibition bout in Buenos aires this Saturday 7th September at age of 62!!! against former 2 time foe Jorge castro age 45!!! being billed as a farewell bout for castro who is leaving the sport & wants to go out in style against one of the greats..castro's words at a recent press conference to promote the bout..there previous 2 meeting stand at a win each..what do you guys think about this & your thoughts would be appreciated
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Loved watching him in the ring. Glad to see he is still up and about.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MARTHA1
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2013

Agreed! one of, if not thee best lightweight of all-time & great to see him fighting fit..Thanks for the reply by the way

Comment

• MARTHA1
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2013

Hi ralph

Yes, my thoughts exactly-I could not believe what I was reading when I first read a news article online recently with details of the bout-it is 'only' an exhibition bout at 3 rounds but non the less I hope he comes through it without injury-apparently duran & castro have both been in training for the last couple of weeks & both said they are in pretty good shape at a recent press conference to promote the bout!

Comment

• Thor
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2013

I don't think there is anything to worry about. I highly doubt either one will be in there giving 100 percent. Sounds like more of a fun match to make some cash.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Thor View Post
            I don't think there is anything to worry about. I highly doubt either one will be in there giving 100 percent. Sounds like more of a fun match to make some cash.
            Agreed. Just an exhibition match. Bill Wallace and Joe Lewis did the same thing. It was fun to watch, but obvious they weren't going to "go after" each other.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MARTHA1
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2013

As it turns out it was reported wrongly by the press!!! Jorge castro did fight but, NOT against duran....Roberto duran was present at the event but only as a special guest referee for castro's fight

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MARTHA1 View Post
                As it turns out it was reported wrongly by the press!!! Jorge castro did fight but, NOT against duran....Roberto duran was present at the event but only as a special guest referee for castro's fight
                Oh snap, Punk'd again!

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...