Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sal76
    • Feb 2015

Hello guys, I wanted to ask if any of you have tried these speedbag: What size are they?
    In Italy are both on ebay that amazon everywhere.
    Non cercate di prendere i poeti perché vi scapperanno tra le dita.
    Alda Merini

Comment

• 45LongColt
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2015

Guess I'll add my 2 cents worth. Have only been speed bagging for about 4 months but have 6 bags now.

I like the Title XS Yellow, 6x9 Red and 7x10 Black (SB 5-7) No complaints on any of them.

I have a Reyes 6x9 red that I like the material, but bladder leaks and leather loop is too thick (about twice that of Title) and catches on the hook occasionally.

I have the Ringside small (red, white and black) 6x9 that I like the leather and craftsmanship but the bag is heavy and slower then any of my other bags of similar size. Also returned it twice. first time the air inlet was glued shut and I bent the needle trying to insert it into the bag, second one had huge leak, deflated within 4 days. So far the third one has no issues, but quality control on them... stinks.

Colt

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Do you know if it was a latex rubber bladder, or a vulcanized rubber one? It's not unusual for a latex bladder to go soft within a week. Latex is naturally porous and they have to be routinely re inflated. Other wise it could have been a pin hole, or a bad valve either one not unheard of.

Comment

• Sal76
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by 45LongColt View Post
          Guess I'll add my 2 cents worth. Have only been speed bagging for about 4 months but have 6 bags now.

I like the Title XS Yellow, 6x9 Red and 7x10 Black (SB 5-7) No complaints on any of them.

I have a Reyes 6x9 red that I like the material, but bladder leaks and leather loop is too thick (about twice that of Title) and catches on the hook occasionally.

I have the Ringside small (red, white and black) 6x9 that I like the leather and craftsmanship but the bag is heavy and slower then any of my other bags of similar size. Also returned it twice. first time the air inlet was glued shut and I bent the needle trying to insert it into the bag, second one had huge leak, deflated within 4 days. So far the third one has no issues, but quality control on them... stinks.

Colt
          Hello 45LongColt, try these bladder:

They are very light and fast.
          I changed into my bag yellow 8x5 and was amazed by the speed and bounce
          Thanks for your preferences
          hello from Sal
          Alda Merini

Comment

• 45LongColt
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2015

It came with a replacement bladder, cant tell by looking at it which kind, but the replacement bag hasn't deflated yet and have had it for a month now, so I'm sure it had a hole in it.

Sal, are you saying the Title bags do not come with the same bladders as the Title Replacement Bladders?

Colt
            Last edited by 45LongColt; 04-05-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Sal76
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by 45LongColt View Post
              It came with a replacement bladder, cant tell by looking at it which kind, but the replacement bag hasn't deflated yet and have had it for a month now, so I'm sure it had a hole in it.

Sal, are you saying the Title bags do not come with the same bladders as the Title Replacement Bladders?

Colt

Personally I find the black ones heavier than the orange ones.
              In fact, I quickly changed and I found difference about 20% faster
              Alda Merini

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

From what we have ascertained, Title bags come with a vulcanized rubber bladder. Real heavy duty stuff, but no where near as responsive as the latex rubber replacement bladders that they sell.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  From what we have ascertained, Title bags come with a vulcanized rubber bladder. Real heavy duty stuff, but no where near as responsive as the latex rubber replacement bladders that they sell.
                  I wish they would change this situation, just sell bags with responsive bladders. Or offer them as an option on all their bags at least.

Comment

• Sal76
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    That'S Right !!! I agree with you

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    I wish they would change this situation, just sell bags with responsive bladders. Or offer them as an option on all their bags at least.
                    It would be great and a good quality business to sell bags
                    Alda Merini

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

I"ll hazard a guess why they use the vulcanized rubber bladders when the bags are made. They will take a fair amount of abuse in the final assembly process with out having to worry about creating pinholes in the bladder. We all know that it's a real letdown when you get a new bag and it won't hold air. I've seen some video of footballs and NBA quality basketballs being made, and I can see that it would be real easy to mess up the bladder in the final stages of assembly

Comment

• Del-Striking
                        • Aug 2014

Here's a little test on the responsiveness of a bag/bladder. Strike the bag with a medium force hit about the same force as if your training and count the rebounds it makes on the drum. My fighting sports 5x8 with its original bladder made 5 rebounds after changing bladders to a title orange it now makes 8 rebounds. Quite an improvement.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...