• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

Video 12/2/17

Hi

Here's my first video.

I am not sure if the quality and or position of the camera are any good. I think I probably need the camera closer, and change the light source so it is in front of me instead of behind.

In the last week I have been working on
    Fcp, fsp and f-roll. I am trying to keep my punches at minimum impact so the bag bounces off the wall at the minimum speed to help with the next punch.

Looking at the vid, I am thinking that I am dropping my hands too low, and not standing close enough to the bag.

At the end of this session I started punching from the back, starting with a forward punch, counting 4 beats then hitting back towards the front, with some success. I'll work on that some more before posting footage.

Any thoughts, comments or improvements you have, please feel free to post.

L

If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.
  • JoMan
    • Nov 2016

Hey Lee thanks for posting up your video, I look forward to see your progression!

What I noticed is that at the beginning, during your front circle punch, there's lots of excessive movement in your elbows. Take a look at how much distance your elbows move when you're around the :15-:20 seconds mark for example. Contrast that to your (nearly zero) elbow movement you have at the end when you're doing the front roll. With just a little more power per punch, you'll have that front roll in no time, fantastic technique!

Practice keeping your elbow in 1 spot for the fcp and moving omly your forearms.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
      Hey Lee thanks for posting up your video, I look forward to see your progression!

What I noticed is that at the beginning, during your front circle punch, there's lots of excessive movement in your elbows. Take a look at how much distance your elbows move when you're around the :15-:20 seconds mark for example. Contrast that to your (nearly zero) elbow movement you have at the end when you're doing the front roll. With just a little more power per punch, you'll have that front roll in no time, fantastic technique!

Practice keeping your elbow in 1 spot for the fcp and moving omly your forearms.

Thanks mate. I have been working on keeping my elbows up and it's starting to pay off. I have just started watching the bible dvd. And am still working on the basics.

Thanks for your help.

L
      If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
      So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...