• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

East Coast members.

To all our east members under the gun of "Hurricane Irene", please seek safety and take this seriously. We want ya back on Monday....

Real GYMM, Keyport, NJ, hang in there. Nova, hang on, Bro!

Good luck and here's hoping the "Tree of Scissors" keeps standing

Last edited by Speedbag; 08-27-2011, 12:19 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    To all our east members under the gun of "Hurricane Irene", please seek safety and take this seriously. We want ya back on Monday....
    x2. Florida is no stranger to hurricanes, hope it doesn't do any major damage elsewhere.

Comment

• Johnny O
      • Apr 2011

Hurricane

Hey guys,

I work for the Electric Company here in NJ. Heading in tonight for 16hr shifts until it's all over. Should be a busy couple of days (hopefully not more than that).

Comment

• 03SVTCobra
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2011

Long Island here
        They are evacuating southern long island areas and I heard some north shore areas.
        Ill be home with a bunch of booze and my speed bag!!!

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Real GYMM, Keyport, NJ, hang in there. Nova, hang on, Bro!

Good luck and here's hoping the "Tree of Scissors" keeps standing

"Tree of Scissors" That's funny stuff right there. It's like the "tree of woe", from conan the barbarian. "contemplate this, on the tree of woe" HaHa

But, to all the eastcoasters, like people are saying, do what you have to to stay safe.
          Attached Files

Comment

• juxt
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

i think its supposed to hit the ny/nj area tonight.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Well, now that it's over my TV is showing some unbelievable flooding in Vermont area as well as other NE states. Just because New York wasn't flattened some TV folks are starting to think this really wasn't a big deal.

Apparently they don't live in Vermont....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Johnny O
                • Apr 2011

Nj & pa

NJ and PA are experiencing a lot of flooding and many people will be without electric for a few more days.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Thanks for your toughts!

Thanks for the well wishes Alan, my area was just out of reach of any serious wind, but I hope Piefurz, TommyT, Real Gymm, Donnie, Juxt and any others in the path of Irene are spared from any harm or property damage. I've been through Katrina, so I do know how tough strorms can be.

When I say keep on baggin here, I wish "sand bagging" wasn't part of that thought.

Take care and be safe in the aftermath east coasters.
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2010

Be careful Johnny O

Originally posted by Johnny O View Post
                    Hey guys,

I work for the Electric Company here in NJ. Heading in tonight for 16hr shifts until it's all over. Should be a busy couple of days (hopefully not more than that).
                    I'm sure your in for some major repair if that's your department. I'm sure the people you are helping to power for truly appreciate what your do. Just be safe my friend! Pace your self in the Long hours to come.
                    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Allentown
                      • Oct 2010

I just lost my electric for 14 hours. I am in Allentown, PA. There was branches everywhere on the streets

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Three trees down on the house...no electric since Sunday at 10:30am...REALLY windy and lots of rain (here in Albany, NY).

Just finished cutting and hauling what I could...power is back now...I'm BEAT and here I am feeling guilty that I haven't hit the bag yet today!

FYI... I was hitting yesterday afternoon when one of the trees hit the house...scared the bejesus out of me!
                        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                          Three trees down on the house...no electric since Sunday at 10:30am...REALLY windy and lots of rain (here in Albany, NY).

Just finished cutting and hauling what I could...power is back now...I'm BEAT and here I am feeling guilty that I haven't hit the bag yet today!

FYI... I was hitting yesterday afternoon when one of the trees hit the house...scared the bejesus out of me!
                          Sorry to hear about the trees hitting the house Zaza, hope no damage occurred. Glad to see your sense of humor is still in tact!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                            Sorry to hear about the trees hitting the house Zaza, hope no damage occurred. Glad to see your sense of humor is still in tact!
                            Thanks Nova...just some minor stuff... I was very lucky. We got hit pretty hard in these parts, glad it was only a cat.1!

Another thing I love about baggin'... you don't need electricty to do it. Spent most of the day Sunday hitting as the storm raged outside.
                            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• metaldad
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2007

Hey guys,

I hope those were fast 16hr shifts. If there is a bright side to working those hours, I guess it would be the OT pay............

Originally posted by 03SVTCobra View Post
                              Long Island here
                              They are evacuating southern long island areas and I heard some north shore areas.
                              Ill be home with a bunch of booze and my speed bag!!!
                              Drunken bagging! I just attempted that the other day! Only I didn't have any booze....was attempting a string of spinning elbows and got REALLY REALLY dizzy....your way sounds more fun!

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                              "Tree of Scissors" That's funny stuff right there. It's like the "tree of woe", from conan the barbarian. "contemplate this, on the tree of woe" HaHa

But, to all the eastcoasters, like people are saying, do what you have to to stay safe.
                              "Tree of woe..." All we need is James Earl Jones with a straight hair weave..............
                              Originally posted by juxt View Post
                              i think its supposed to hit the ny/nj area tonight.
                              Hope you guys are okay

NJ and PA are experiencing a lot of flooding and many people will be without electric for a few more days.
                              Be safe out there....

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                              Thanks for the well wishes Alan, my area was just out of reach of any serious wind, but I hope Piefurz, TommyT, Real Gymm, Donnie, Juxt and any others in the path of Irene are spared from any harm or property damage. I've been through Katrina, so I do know how tough strorms can be.

When I say keep on baggin here, I wish "sand bagging" wasn't part of that thought.

Take care and be safe in the aftermath east coasters.
                              I echo this sentiment. Blessings and prayers for everyone!
                              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...