• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjt8
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2010

Question Possible extra commands?

Hi Tim

The timer is great and I can't thank you enough for your efforts!

Would it be possible to add a few extra commands to your for those of a Thai Boxing/MMA background?

Additional commands to the existing number system such as: Low kick, High kick, Knee, Sprawl would make a world of difference.

Also, is there any possibility of replacing the computerized woman saying 1,2,3,4,5,6? A normal voice would be much more encouraging, probably clearer and defiantly less laughable!!!
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by bjt8 View Post
    Hi Tim

The timer is great and I can't thank you enough for your efforts!

Would it be possible to add a few extra commands to your for those of a Thai Boxing/MMA background?

Additional commands to the existing number system such as: Low kick, High kick, Knee, Sprawl would make a world of difference.

Also, is there any possibility of replacing the computerized woman saying 1,2,3,4,5,6? A normal voice would be much more encouraging, probably clearer and defiantly less laughable!!!
    Glad you find it useful.

I'll make you a deal - send me the voice files for this in .WAV format, and I'll program it. I'm too shy to use my own voice I don't talk much , if at all , in my youtube clips either, I end up sounding like too much of a nerd. I don't have any other source of quality sound clips.
    Last edited by Tim; 03-30-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• bjt8
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2010

Thanks for your reply

Thats fair enough, il do my best efforts to find them.

Is the deal inclusive of new commands such as sprawl low kick high kick knee?

Regards

Comment

• bjt8
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2010

Commands

Hi Tim

I have sorted the .WAV files

How can i send them to you?

The file is 352KB

The commands are still computerized i think, however when you hear thyem i am sure you will agree they are much clearer and better.

I have got:

1,2,3,4,5,6 to replace your numbers commands

Additionally i have got:

low kick, high kick, front kick and sprawl which would be great for an MMA setting under your voice commands setting

Also i have found and included numbers 7, 8 and FIVE knees.

Ideally i wanted to find ELBOW and KNEE. So if you do not want to include these it is understandable.

7 and 8 would represent left elbow, right elbow

FIVE knees is useless, however i didnt no if you could cut the file down so you just get the word KNEE??? As that would obviously be a great command to have.

Once again thanks for your time and efforts on this timer. Its a great help in training.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Hi Tim

I have sorted the .WAV files

How can i send them to you?
          COOL! E-mail them to timothy.r.platt@gmail.com

The file is 352KB

The commands are still computerized i think, however when you hear thyem i am sure you will agree they are much clearer and better.

I have got:

1,2,3,4,5,6 to replace your numbers commands

Additionally i have got:

low kick, high kick, front kick and sprawl which would be great for an MMA setting under your voice commands setting

Also i have found and included numbers 7, 8 and FIVE knees.

Ideally i wanted to find ELBOW and KNEE. So if you do not want to include these it is understandable.

7 and 8 would represent left elbow, right elbow

FIVE knees is useless, however i didnt no if you could cut the file down so you just get the word KNEE??? As that would obviously be a great command to have.

Once again thanks for your time and efforts on this timer. Its a great help in training.
          Thanks for helping! I'm out of town for Easter this weekend, but I'll see if I can crank this out next week

Comment

• speedbagstud
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2009

I'm too shy to use my own voice I don't talk much , if at all , in my youtube clips either, I end up sounding like too much of a nerd. I don't have any other source of quality sound clips.[/QUOTE]

hey dude, when you talked on spinsmashpops new vid, that was pretty cool, you seemed very calm, funny and entertaining all at the same time!!!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by speedbagstud View Post
              hey dude, when you talked on spinsmashpops new vid, that was pretty cool, you seemed very calm, funny and entertaining all at the same time!!!
              Haha, thanks. I guess that clip came out all right. Certainly better than others where I talk

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

For all those wanting to "test drive", the prototype is here:

Check it out!

Comment

• wow33
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2011

the timer with commands is really god idea but i have a problem with connection(too slow)
                  so online version doesn't working smooth
                  do you have version 5.1 beta is stationary version(on computer)?
                  sorry for my english i try to manage but i still leran this language(I writing from Poland)
                  good luck with project and in your private life too

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by wow33 View Post
                    the timer with commands is really god idea but i have a problem with connection(too slow)
                    so online version doesn't working smooth
                    do you have version 5.1 beta is stationary version(on computer)?
                    sorry for my english i try to manage but i still leran this language(I writing from Poland)
                    good luck with project and in your private life too
                    Download the zip file here: http://virtualpunchmitts.com/beta/timer.zip

Unzip and open the timer.html file.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• wow33
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2011

hank you very much
                      It's working perfectly well...
                      I don't know why there is a problem with mozilla (no sound even when I installed full itune apple setup)
                      so I use it with chrome and everything is ok...so one more time thx

Comment

• markucius
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jan 2012

Hey Tim,

The Timer is awesome, thank you so much for your effort! A nice additional feature could be something like 'repetitive warning'. I mean an option like having a warning buzz at every 5/10/20 etc. seconds throughout a round. Don't know about others but it would be so helpful for my workouts when I do 'crossfit' exercises (e.g. pushups for 30 seconds, then shadow boxing for 30 seconds, jump rope for 30 seconds etc).

Comment

• triplexity
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Apr 2015

Hi Tim,
                          How can I change the titles Low Intensity and High Intensity to something else?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...