Advertising - how do we get the word out? Who is our target audience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Advertising - how do we get the word out? Who is our target audience?

Another important detail to consider are ways to publicize the event once we have a place and time. Discussing it on the forum is fine, but once things are finalized, how will we get the word out to the rest of the world?
    Last edited by Biff; 08-23-2009, 11:18 AM. Reason: Cleaned up original post
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    Whoa, my head is spinning. All the information in the last few posts is very important and must be addressed. BUT, I thought this thread is about LOCATION.

Let's see if we can agree on a site in this thread, and then address the logistics. Tim maybe you can create a new thread for logistics and move these replies to that thread.
    Agreed. I have cleaned up this thread. Any non-LOCATION topics have been moved to another thread. Nothing was lost or deleted, it's all here somewhere in "Events, Conventions, and Meetings".

Another important detail to consider are ways to publicize the event once we have a place and time. Discussing it on the forum is fine, but once things are finalized, how will we get the word out to the rest of the world?
    Alan can probably back me up on this, but large scale advertising beyond speedbagforum, speedbagcentral are probably out of the question, UNLESS , a sponsor really steps up. Print, magazine, TV, radio, etc. are not feasible without massive budget. Skunk could make a Youtube video(s).. he's got a massive following on youtube. In fact, "Speed bag skunk" is the number 1 search term via Google for people that end up on speedbagforum.com... even more so than "Speed bag" !!!!

For that reason alone, I expect the participation will be limited to members of speedbagforum, speedbagcentral, youtube, and the offline community (Baca, Greiner, etc.)

As a side note, I have a very good friend who worked in Livingstone Bramble's corner. They are still good friends. I haven't said anything to him about this, but if you're looking for boxing stars, I can ask him to ask Livingstone if he may be interested in attending. Tim, let me know your thoughts on this. Of course, at this point, I can't promise anything.

These are obviously important details that must be worked out, but maybe in a seperate thread. Just my .02

I agree with much of what has been posted concerning location. If the major emphasis of this Bag-In is to get maximum exposure and star power then definitely either Vegas or LA should be the host city.
    I'm not opposed to stars, etc. but I think some or all of them are going to want appearance fees, or paid transportation. If we are going to pay transportation or an appearance fee for anyone it's going to be those who contribute to the speed bag every day for years on end ... you know who I'm thinking, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Tim; 08-23-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...