• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Announcing SPEED B.A.G. 2010 - dates and location

I am pleased to announce that the first ever SPEED Bag Annual Gathering (SPEED B.A.G. 2010) will be taking place at Real Gymm in beautiful Keyport, NJ from Friday June 18th, 2010 through Sunday June 20th.

What?

SPEED B.A.G. 2010 will be 3 days of non-stop speed baggin' action including: classes, punch drumming, contests, videos, skits, free styles, equipment reviews, raffle contests, bag autographing, outdoor baggin' in the Jersey sunshine, and much, much, more. We are planning to have no less than 10 speed bag platforms in simultaneous operation, this will truly be the largest speed bag event to ever happen!

When?

Activities begin on Friday,June 18th, 2010 at 8 a.m. and continue through Sunday, June 20th.

Where?

Forum member RealGymm has graciously provided us use of his hardcore training facility:

Real Gymm
    22 W. Front Street
    Keyport, NJ 07735
    (Google map link)

Lodging
    Holiday Inn Hazlet (5 minutes from the gym)

A group room rate will be available shortly

Air Travel
    Newark International Airport is the most conveniently located airport for those making air travel arrangements

Keyport, NJ is just 15 minutes from the Jersey Shore, and only 45 minutes from Manhattan. For further details about this fine city, see here.

Who?

The event will be a "who's who" of the speed bag community. And best of all, this is open to anyone who cares to attend. All skill levels will be in attendance and this is a fantastic opportunity to learn!

How much?

A registration fee of $50 will be applied to all attendees to help defray costs, but you don't need to pay until you attend!

How do I register?
    If you plan on attending, or have questions, please contact Tim Platt (speedbagforum.com administrator) via e-mail or via speedbagforum.com.

Sponsored by:

Check it out!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim; 02-26-2010, 07:49 PM.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great news! C'mon baggers, start making plans to attend.

Comment

• sparrky37
      • Jan 2010

Gonna try! Will have to get the funds up. Sounds like a great time!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

For anybody with media contacts, this would be the time to contact them.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great! I hope I can make it. I will have a good idea soon.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

YYES!! This is what we've been waiting for! I'm planning on being there.........barring no other interference. This is gonna rule!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Geronimo
              • Sep 2009

told dre about the event this morning. We getting married in August and probably going to Hawaii for our Honeymoon, so another trip month n half before hand might be tough. But to my surprise dre looked up tickets on the net this morning after i told her about it and said they are DIRT CHEAP and would be possible for us to attend if i can pay for them lol.. I can afford a few 100 for a nice weekend to see teh EAST COAST WEWT!! i never been on the E.coast and always wanted to see the Atlantic. soo this is my chance and too meet all you GREAT SPEEDBAGGERS.

- Mental note .... I have few months to get WAY BETTER at baggin!!

Geronimo!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

You guys that are flying - book your airfare now and it ought to be dirt cheap. Newark Int'l is close and ought to be easily accessible from any other airport, which means cheaper air fare!!!

My time off request from work was just approved So I can pretty much say I will be there !!!!
                Last edited by Tim; 03-01-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
                  Gonna try! Will have to get the funds up. Sounds like a great time!
                  Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  Great! I hope I can make it. I will have a good idea soon.
                  Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  YYES!! This is what we've been waiting for! I'm planning on being there.........barring no other interference. This is gonna rule!!
                  Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                  told dre about the event this morning. We getting married in August and probably going to Hawaii for our Honeymoon, so another trip month n half before hand might be tough. But to my surprise dre looked up tickets on the net this morning after i told her about it and said they are DIRT CHEAP and would be possible for us to attend if i can pay for them lol.. I can afford a few 100 for a nice weekend to see teh EAST COAST WEWT!! i never been on the E.coast and always wanted to see the Atlantic. soo this is my chance and too meet all you GREAT SPEEDBAGGERS.

- Mental note .... I have few months to get WAY BETTER at baggin!!

Geronimo!
                  Great to see so much chatter about the Gathering. Hope all you baggers can make it. I'm in!

Are we there yet?

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Y
                    My time off request from work was just approved So I can pretty much say I will be there !!!!
                    TIM... it would be real weird, to say the least, if you weren't at your own SPEED BAG Annual Gathering... I think we'd all have to have a word with your boss!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                      TIM... it would be real weird, to say the least, if you weren't at your own SPEED BAG Annual Gathering... I think we'd all have to have a word with your boss!
                      Haha yeah. If they hadn't approved it I would have had to QUIT!!!!

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Well, my excitement was prematutre. As of now it doesn't look good for me making it out But I haven't completely given up yet..just have to play everything by ear. Who knows? It just may happen.
                        Last edited by metaldad; 03-03-2010, 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling
                        sigpic

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Well, my excitement was prematutre. As of now it doesn't look good for me making it out But I haven't completely given up yet..just have to play everything by ear. Who knows? It just may happen.
                          Sorry to hear that MD. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe a miracle will happen.

Comment

• Biff
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey MD, hope the planets align and you can make it.
                            Last edited by Biff; 03-12-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                              Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

SpeedBagSkunk

Will be there. i dont care what i have to do.. you guys know i will be there to support all the baggers that will not be able to make it. But with that said here in the very near future i will be making a video that has all the info about the SpeedBag 2010 followed by the video you have all been waiting for. Baggers of the world. This will give you an idea on all the baggers that would love to be able to have the chance to get togewther and do somthing we all love. Unfortunatly we all have bills and life keeps moving. So im sorry for those who dont come BUT will will have somthing at the gathering to rememebr all those who cant be there with us. Bag on brothers and sisters we will see you all soon At speedbag 2010

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...