• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

STL/Guiness World Records

Hello to all,

first and foremost I apologize for not keeping up with everyone on the forum! I started working nights at a local ER, and keeps me pretty tired.

Secondly the event is still a go for Jan. 14-16.

Thirdly We were denied by Guiness World Records! I thought for sure they would want to have SpeedBag as part of their history. Here is what they had to say, tell me if this makes you wonder if they really paid attention to all the info I sent.

Claim ID: 322733
    Membership Number: 283964

Dear Mr Joshua Gulley,

Thank you for sending us the details of your recent record attempt for 'Speed Bag/Ball'. We are afraid to say that we are unable to accept this as a Guinness World Record.

We receive over 60,000 enquiries a year from which only a small proportion are approved by our experienced researchers to establish new categories. These are not 'made up' to suit an individual proposal, but rather 'evolve' as a result of international competition in a field, which naturally accommodates superlatives of the sort that we are interested in. We think you will appreciate that we are bound to favour those that reflect the greatest interest.

Guinness World Records has absolute discretion as to which Guinness World Record applications are accepted and our decision is final. Guinness World Records may at its discretion and for whatever reason identify some records as either no longer monitored by Guinness World Records or no longer viable.

As your record application has not been accepted, Guinness World Records is in no way associated with the activity relating to your record proposal and we in no way endorse this activity. If you choose to proceed with this activity then this is will be of your own volition and at your own risk.

Once again thank you for your interest in Guinness World Records.

Yours sincerely,

Julie Kocsis
    Records Management Team

Have you ever seen some of the stuff they use, and our craft isn't good enough for them! Anyway, I guess I had my expectations a little high. If you feel the need contact Guiness, and ask them why???

Thanks
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I understand your frustration, for I got the identical same result back in the late 1990's.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Lets start our own record book!
      Last edited by jumpcannon; 11-05-2010, 09:49 AM.
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Oh well, it was worth asking. No matter - it'll be a speed bag party no matter what. The people make the event...

Comment

• PIEFURZ
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Oh well, it was worth asking. No matter - it'll be a speed bag party no matter what. The people make the event...
          Yea, what Tim said. Make speed baggin so large they will be beggin us for a story.... We do it cuz we love it....

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

...But Davis on Wednesday plans to whale away on a heavy boxing bag and a speed bag, an hour at a time on each, for what he hopes will be a 26-hour endurance feat and a world record....

Blind Man to Attempt World Record

`

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...