X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gyrene2083
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2018

Snatched one off of Ebay. They had fifteen left yesterday.
    -Semper Fi
    gyrene2083

Comment

• baggeric
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2017

Forza Swivel

Checked today and they are back in stock. Price is the same but they are supposedly five dollars more for the regular price so I guess they will be going up at some point.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
        Baggin heavy for a few hours last night working on side hitting etc when all the sudden, the hook and bag flew across the room! Lol scared the hell outta me, I didn't see it unthreading until it was too late. Never heard of this happening with the Forza swivel. Took the plastic cap off the bottom of my other forza and tried with all the physical strength I could muster to unscrew that one, but it wouldn't budge.

Short story short = Permatex red, thread lock.
        Happened to me a lot "back in the day", launching a bag off swivel, or hook took off... pretty funny on video. Just be glad it wasn't a hard Reverse Single Punch that sent the bag into your face.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Happened to me a lot "back in the day", launching a bag off swivel, or hook took off... pretty funny on video. Just be glad it wasn't a hard Reverse Single Punch that sent the bag into your face.
          Although not from the hook or bag flying off, when first practicing reverse fist roll I gave meself a dandy of a bloody nose (fist to the face). Way, waay overly animated wild movement. Learned the hard way to shrink the movement down to "control" the bag, and apparently my fists. All in all this was a good thing.

During week one back in January I cut my hand open between my knuckles on the top edge of the platform while trying to establish a basic 1,2,3. More blood than sweat so far in my bagging experience.
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Although not from the hook or bag flying off, when first practicing reverse fist roll I gave meself a dandy of a bloody nose (fist to the face). Way, waay overly animated wild movement. Learned the hard way to shrink the movement down to "control" the bag, and apparently my fists. All in all this was a good thing.

During week one back in January I cut my hand open between my knuckles on the top edge of the platform while trying to establish a basic 1,2,3. More blood than sweat so far in my bagging experience.
            Yep, done the same, really ripping Reverse Single Punches (RSP) when punch drumming to really fast songs. fist to face, chin and chest. Yeah, it happens.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• gyrene2083
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2018

Eyelet Unscrews

Hello All,

Speedbag mentioned that he was baggin, and all of a sudden the bag and eyelet came off, or rather unscrewed off. I was working with my bag today on a forza, and bam the eyelet unscrewed off and the bag went flying and so did the eyelet.

Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it?
              -Semper Fi
              gyrene2083

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by gyrene2083 View Post
                Hello All,

Speedbag mentioned that he was baggin, and all of a sudden the bag and eyelet came off, or rather unscrewed off. I was working with my bag today on a forza, and bam the eyelet unscrewed off and the bag went flying and so did the eyelet.

Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it?
                it happened with one of my forza's, I'd had it for about two months at the time. I tried Loctite but it still unscrewed tried it again and still. I've superglued it in and I'm baggin like hell on it with no problems now. My second forza on another platform is showing no signs of unscrewing.

..but yeah it's a weird thing when the bag and hook fly across the room.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• gyrene2083
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2018

it happened with one of my forza's, I'd had it for about two months at the time. I tried Loctite but it still unscrewed tried it again and still. I've superglued it in and I'm baggin like hell on it with no problems now. My second forza on another platform is showing no signs of unscrewing.

Thank you BagBoy, would you recommend Gorilla Glue?
                  -Semper Fi
                  gyrene2083

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by gyrene2083 View Post
                    Thank you BagBoy, would you recommend Gorilla Glue?
                    Actually, I used good ole crazy glue. It's rock solid in there now so it's like a one part unit.
                    Last edited by BagBoy; 07-08-2018, 03:27 PM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

"BAGS IN SPACE!" happened to me a few times too.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• mj0nes
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jul 2018

lol i only found this forum by googling this exact issue, thanks a lot man i appreciate it super glue it is

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...