• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

How To Embed YouTube video into a post

Hey guys, you can now post a YouTube video directly into the discussion forums:

HTML Code:
    [youtube]rusVfrksFU4[/youtube]
    The gibberish letters inside (rusVfrksFU4) is the unique identifier to control which video is displayed, it's present as the v= parameter of YouTube URLs. Needless to say, the video must already be uploaded into YouTube to use this tag!

Here's an example (This is a BillyMack classic from back in the day)

(Shame he doesn't post anymore, this guy is a speed bag genius. He makes this sequence look easy, it's incredibly hard)

So if you want to embed a video in a post, do the following:

1. Upload the video to YouTube, or pick a video already uploaded to YouTube
    2. Go to the web page of the video.
    3. Look in the URL (address bar) of your web browser. Look for v=(something), take everything up to the next & sign. For example, in this URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6tja...e=channel_page the key is c6tjaVUShEs
    4. Place the YouTube tag into your post (as shown below) with the key in the middle, as shown below. Save your post and that's it!

HTML Code:
    [youtube]c6tjaVUShEs[/youtube]
    UPDATE: Here's an embedded video , describing how to post an embedded video.

Last edited by Tim; 09-06-2009, 06:45 AM. Reason: Clean up.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Very Handy way to imbed a video.

For those that don't know what he is doing, Especially the new folks who might not understand the sequence or the difficulty, let me explain.

When punching the bag from the front, we normally use "3" rebounds inbetween". When you advance that a bit faster and use only
    "1 rebound", we call it an "advanced combination".

For instance, say you do two Front Double Punches in a row, with the normal 3 rebounds. it looks like this.

(FDP) ' ' ' (FDP).

When you advance that to only "one rebound", it looks like this:

(FDP) ' (FDP). and is harder to do.

the key is: All this happened on the SAME SIDE (front) of the bag.

When you join techniques together from different sides of the bag, you can often use 2 or 3 rebounds. (The Side Single Punch gives you a choice due to rebound angles, but don't worry about that right now...)

When you use ONE rebound to create continuous combinations from around the bag (different sides), we call it a "Super" advanced combination. ( I made up the names in 1994. If I could take it back, I would probably call "advanced combo's" "Same side advanced" and this one a "multiple side advanced combo", but hindsight is 20/20).

Anyway, what Billy is doing is a Six Punch Super advanced combination, hitting all sides of the bag with one rebound inbetween, using a The Front Double Punch (FDP), Side Single Punch (SSP) and Reverse Double Punch (RDP). (* note this combination only uses three technques, but they create six different contacts (punches) on the bag).

written, it would be:

FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' ....repeat.

his fist sequence is

R-L ' R ' L-R ' L ' '....repeat

It is easiest to see in the slow motion sequence.

Don't knock it till you try it. It happens very fast on any size bag. The secret is being able to control the Side Single Punch movement and contact angle.

To be technically correct, he is also "rotating the fists" of the FDP, for this combination would naturally repeat itself going the other way, meaning after the "left SSP", that left fist would easily lead the next FDP and take the combination back around in the opposite direction.

R-L ' R ' L-R ' L ' '..repeat other way L-R ' L ' R-L ' R

Billy was always leading the FDP with the right fist, making it a bit more complex in this combo. But Billy clearly had the skills and control to do it. It is easy to get your hands tied in a knot on these.

All of this is explained in Chapter 10, pages 117 - 154 in the Speed Bag Bible. It is also covered in DVD-4 of the 4-DVD series.

I explain it a bit in this video clip, especially at 2:15sec

Hey Tim, the code works!
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-02-2009, 12:04 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Randolph
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Hey guys, you can now post a YouTube video directly into the discussion forums:

HTML Code:
      [youtube]rusVfrksFU4[/youtube]
      The gibberish letters inside (rusVfrksFU4) is the unique identifier to control which video is displayed, it's present as the v= parameter of YouTube URLs. Needless to say, the video must already be uploaded into YouTube to use this tag!

Here's an example (This is a BillyMack classic from back in the day)

(Shame he doesn't post anymore, this guy is a speed bag genius. He makes this sequence look easy, it's incredibly hard)

So if you want to embed a video in a post, do the following:

1. Upload the video to YouTube, or pick a video already uploaded to YouTube
      2. Go to the web page of the video.
      3. Look in the URL (address bar) of your web browser. Look for v=(something), take everything up to the next & sign. For example, in this URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6tja...e=channel_page the key is c6tjaVUShEs
      4. Place the YouTube tag into your post (as shown below) with the key in the middle, as shown below. Save your post and that's it!

HTML Code:
      [youtube]c6tjaVUShEs[/youtube]
      UPDATE: Here's an embedded video , describing how to post an embedded video.

Let's see if this works:
      Randolph Leslie Smith
      Washington State Licensed Real Estate Broker
      Learned Speed Bag fundamentals in 1973

Comment

• Randolph
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Very Handy way to imbed a video.

For those that don't know what he is doing, Especially the new folks who might not understand the sequence or the difficulty, let me explain.

When punching the bag from the front, we normally use "3" rebounds inbetween". When you advance that a bit faster and use only
        "1 rebound", we call it an "advanced combination".

For instance, say you do two Front Double Punches in a row, with the normal 3 rebounds. it looks like this.

(FDP) ' ' ' (FDP).

When you advance that to only "one rebound", it looks like this:

(FDP) ' (FDP). and is harder to do.

the key is: All this happened on the SAME SIDE (front) of the bag.

When you join techniques together from different sides of the bag, you can often use 2 or 3 rebounds. (The Side Single Punch gives you a choice due to rebound angles, but don't worry about that right now...)

When you use ONE rebound to create continuous combinations from around the bag (different sides), we call it a "Super" advanced combination. ( I made up the names in 1994. If I could take it back, I would probably call "advanced combo's" "Same side advanced" and this one a "multiple side advanced combo", but hindsight is 20/20).

Anyway, what Billy is doing is a Six Punch Super advanced combination, hitting all sides of the bag with one rebound inbetween, using a The Front Double Punch (FDP), Side Single Punch (SSP) and Reverse Double Punch (RDP). (* note this combination only uses three technques, but they create six different contacts (punches) on the bag).

written, it would be:

FDP ' SSP ' RDP ' SSP ' ' ....repeat.

his fist sequence is

R-L ' R ' L-R ' L ' '....repeat

It is easiest to see in the slow motion sequence.

Don't knock it till you try it. It happens very fast on any size bag. The secret is being able to control the Side Single Punch movement and contact angle.

To be technically correct, he is also "rotating the fists" of the FDP, for this combination would naturally repeat itself going the other way, meaning after the "left SSP", that left fist would easily lead the next FDP and take the combination back around in the opposite direction.

R-L ' R ' L-R ' L ' '..repeat other way L-R ' L ' R-L ' R

Billy was always leading the FDP with the right fist, making it a bit more complex in this combo. But Billy clearly had the skills and control to do it. It is easy to get your hands tied in a knot on these.

All of this is explained in Chapter 10, pages 117 - 154 in the Speed Bag Bible. It is also covered in DVD-4 of the 4-DVD series.

I explain it a bit in this video clip, especially at 2:15sec

Hey Tim, the code works!
        Incredible, remarkable, I can't wait to get the SP Bible.
        Randolph Leslie Smith
        Washington State Licensed Real Estate Broker
        Learned Speed Bag fundamentals in 1973

Comment

• SirMalikCobra
          • Jan 2013

I absolutely love this. Can you post video if your HTML code is set to off Tim? Or does it have to be turned on by you first before you can post these videos?
          Your mind will quit before your body will
          Train your mind twice as hard as you train your body
          And you will be a force to be reckoned with

Personal quote by:
          SirMalikCobra
          sigpic

Comment

• SirMalikCobra
            • Jan 2013

Efficiency over Quantity

Precise hard punches throw with speed an accuracy at the right moments called (timing) is an attribute of any master boxer! Timing can't be taught, it comes with hard work and repetition. I can tell you how to punch a speed bag, but if you don't develop the timing to carry out the instructions I may as well be talkin to the bag...

Enjoy this video. I hope it embeds, my fingers are crossed,. I'll be doing a piece on Emmanuel Burton Aka Emmanuel Agustus to discuss timing further.
            Last edited by SirMalikCobra; 01-27-2013, 03:47 AM.
            Your mind will quit before your body will
            Train your mind twice as hard as you train your body
            And you will be a force to be reckoned with

Personal quote by:
            SirMalikCobra
            sigpic

Comment

• cmedinas88
              • Jan 2013

[youtube]v=n185c3zz690

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

CM88, you need to end the [youtube ] tag with [ /youtube] and you don't need the "v=" part, just the numbers/letters that follow it.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Adding this to the mix for newcommers...hope it helps!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...