• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RKahn
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2017

Speed bag shack question

Hi. New member RKahn here requesting opinions on Speed Bag Shack. Thinking of ordering from them but found on internet and wondering if a reliable source. Also they have a coupon code box and wonder if that applies to forum members and do we have a code? I saw a member recently posted links to codes. Happy holidays all. Art of the Bag was awesome.
    Last edited by RKahn; 12-21-2017, 09:32 PM. Reason: Correct typo
  • RKahn
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2017

Speed bag shack recommended by Master Alan Kahn

Well I got my answer! I somehow followed a link to speed bag shack Facebook and see a high recommendation by Great Grand Master Alan Kahn.That’s good enough for me.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RKahn View Post
      Well I got my answer! I somehow followed a link to speed bag shack Facebook and see a high recommendation by Great Grand Master Alan Kahn.That’s good enough for me.
      The owner of "The Speed Bag Shack" is one of us... John Reynolds, featured at 1:41 to 1:44 below shouting "yeaaa, baby". He created the Speed Demon counter and has been a great friend to the baggin' community.

Oddly, he does not hit the speed bag (yet), but he's a lawyer and assured me it's all perfectly legal.

SPEEDB.A.G. VIA great time was had by all....if you missed it this year, keep training and be sure to attend next years gathering. TOO MUCH FUN!
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• RKahn
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2017

Speed shack is a buddy

Thanks. Got it. I was suggested a deville . Speed shack has a Forza and it looks like it will work for me. Ordered it. Vid you included is awesome. Watched art of the bag last night and it was amazing. Thx
        Last edited by RKahn; 12-22-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• jaja6009
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by RKahn View Post
          Thanks. Got it. I was suggested a deville . Speed shack has a Forza and it looks like it will work for me. Ordered it. Vid you included is awesome. Watched art of the bag last night and it was amazing. Thx
          I think you will like to Forza swivel if you are gonna Bible bag and hit from all sides. To me the DeVille is a great swivel but I also have the Forza. I like the DeVille better as it has a shorter Arc and it seems harder to hit on than the Forza in my opinion. Any off hit makes the DeVille helicopter. Don't give up on the DeVille, earlier this year out of nowhere Speed Bag Shack had them in stock. When you get a chance post a video of you hitting. I wish more people posted videos, I love to see the different styles people use.

Comment

• RKahn
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2017

Rkahn beginner hitting update in answer to comments

Hi. Right now I’m just working the Bible lessons. I started from the beginning and I’m going over and over the beginner lessons. Amazing the way the routines make the bag move and flow.im following all of Alan Kahn’s instructions and I won’t move past chapter one til they really flow.im up to about an hour and a half at a session using gloves and just loving The routines. Somewhat sore and hands, shoulders hurt a bit but too mesmerizing to stop. Waiting for my Forza which should be a massive improvement over the stock Everlast swivel that came with the adjustable platform. Making due and happy as a lark!!

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

I think the Forza swivel will really shine when you start to hit from all sides of the bag. Also when I went from the ubolt to the ball hook the bag slowed a bit but I had to he more accurate. My hands were bloodied and beat up at first, but this was from misshits and just hitting too hard. I never wear gloves now and my hands feel great. Alan summed it up once, you have to slow it down to go faster. Paraphrased wrong?
              Also you will find that bags are all different. Some feel like hitting air, some are heavy and slow, Iove trying new bags and have a hard time saying which is my favorite.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                I think the Forza swivel will really shine when you start to hit from all sides of the bag. Also when I went from the ubolt to the ball hook the bag slowed a bit but I had to he more accurate. My hands were bloodied and beat up at first, but this was from misshits and just hitting too hard. I never wear gloves now and my hands feel great. Alan summed it up once, you have to slow it down to go faster. Paraphrased wrong?
                Also you will find that bags are all different. Some feel like hitting air, some are heavy and slow, Iove trying new bags and have a hard time saying which is my favorite.
                No, paraphrased exactly.

Many try to go fast by swinging harder with large motions, but the size of the motions will eventually limit your speed due to the distance the fists have to travel. My meaning is to "stop trying to go fast, go slower, make smaller movements with less strain or tension. As you learn this skill (hone your swinging technique), you will eventually produce the same power with smaller movements and be more relaxed doing them. Over time you will find your speed increasing to go just as fast with a lot less effort and reduced tension. Eventually you will adjust automatically for bag sizes. You will find your "comfortable" training speed getting faster without increasing tension in your arms and reducing the size of your repetitive swinging motion.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• RKahn
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Dec 2017

Forza received from The Speed Bag Shack

I was thrilled to receive a prompt (over the Christmas/New Year) holiday response from John at Speed Bag Shack that my Forza was probably coming today. I was more thrilled when it was in the mailbox! That was EXCELLENT service. Thank you and thank you Alan Kahn for recommending this vendor.

When I heard he might be an attorney from St. Louis I mentioned I have done some investigative and expert witness work there for an attorney in St. Louis. One with a very high reputation. It's a small world. I loved it there. The people, the place and the food. All top of the line.

John placed in a Zip the Tip card for an even better experience. I believe this is the similar zip tie suggestion Alan Kahn makes recommending to duct tape the loop up snug to the hook.

I had my hour work out trying to smooth out the front rolls into everything I've learned so far before I move into the side elbows. I'm in no hurry so I just go over and over and over what I've learned so far. I'll do that until I get the transitions smooth on all hands and from the different techniques going as slow as I can go. But sometimes it speeds up and surprises me. I fumble it after a while going that fast then get back to my easy pace. Trying to learn what GGM Alan speaks about above.

I highly recommend The Speed Bag Shack by the way. In case anyone asks. Thanks again GGM AK
                  Last edited by RKahn; 01-02-2018, 06:14 PM. Reason: added "Bag" to the Speed Bag Shack name :)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...