• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Fight Quest

Has anyone watched Fight Quest on Discovery Channel? It's pretty much the same as Human Weapon on History Channel. Anyway, the two fighters on Fight Quest went to Mexico to box I noticed during their double end bag training that the bags were pretty tight which is contrary to everything I've been picking up on about the double end bag. Is this the norm down there or is it just preference? I'm a little confused cuz they did seem to get a decent workout from it.
    sigpic
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

metaldad, I highly agree with you and have brought this up before.

I'm no expert and a person can do whatever they want with a double end bag, but the whole purpose of the bag is to simulate as close as possible a fight scenario that makes the bag HARD to hit, not easy. If you want an easy target with a workout behind it, you have the speed bag and heavy bag. If you want a hard to hit target that you can also bob and weave at, the double ended bag is great for that. So, not being an expert, that's what makes sense and that's what the "experts" say.

My double end bag is loose and I have yet to ever go through a session with it that I have missed punches at it and that it snook in hitting me in the face because I couldn't block it fast enough or get out of the way fast enough. My thought is: if it does not make me look foolish at times, then I need to loosen it more. I want it to be hard so if I had to fight, anything slower and more predictable would be easier.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

atgatt, you're right, I keep mine loose per what advice I've been given and what I've seen. I was just confused by what these guys were doing.
      sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...