• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Beat
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2018

Is this setup right? Or too much?

The gym has this setup. --jpeg attached

The hook is ok, because they require you to remove the bag when you are done.

For straight up boxer style punching this has worked well so far, but now that Alan Kahn and Bible-style punching have entered my world, hitting on this swivel is like swatting a drunk gnat sometimes.

Does the swivel have one too many stages?

Love to get your expert opinions on how to modify it, keeping the hook.
    Or do they need a whole new swivel?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Beat; 04-13-2018, 12:49 PM. Reason: clarity
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Looks like they added a hook to a roller chain swivel, and yes that is one stage too many. Couldn't tell off hand what make the swivel is but if it's an Everlast, you can unscrew the swivel from the mounting flange and screw in the bottom half of an Everlast ball & hook swivel. There is enough of them floating around on this board alone to be able to do that.

Comment

• The Beat
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2018

Thanks Dutchman!
      So I brought some pliers to the gym, removed the hook, and put the bag on the chain link. SO MUCH BETTER!!!

I've been chasing that wobbly thing for two years, and thought I was doing pretty good! Now every punch is easier to execute, because the extra wobble is gone.
      Control is much better.

The bag is faster, and lighter, because the length is probably 1 1/2 inches shorter.

I'll be getting the Everlast ball & hook.

Thanks again!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...