• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Question about title black

I’m looking for information about the title black speed bag. How’s the leather? How’s the rebound? Is it livlier than the other title bags? Or does it also require a bladder change to bring it to life? Also, can you feel this bag, or is it like hitting air? Any info would be appreciated. Right now my go to bag is the ringside heritage, but it won’t last forever and ringside has not had this bag on their website now for over a month. Looking for a good replacement when the time comes.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

So do all title bags need a bladder replacement right outta the gate? Sorry Regal, I know that doesn't answer your question.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

Hi,

The Title Black is one of my favorite bags. The panels are a very lightweight but durable leather, and the bag is fast and so nimble. I think every bag of mine has been faster, more responsive, and just overall better and more fun with the EverLast orange bladder (no glue required). See link at bottom. I have quite a few bags, and I absolutely love this one - it's a quality item.

Quick Demo:

Demonstration of an 8-Strike finish, followed by a 7-Strike Finish. For information about how to enjoy the Speed Bag, in a free, safe, moderated, anonymous-i...

EverLast Orange Bladders:
      Forza Sports started from humble beginnings in 2008 and now offers a huge product assortment of the finest boxing, outdoors, fitness, and team sports brands. Our 115,000 sq. ft. facility is located in beautiful Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, and our amazing Forzasports.com customer service team looks forward to serving you.

Comment

• jaja6009
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2016

I hit on one for a little bit at last year's gathering, but to tell you the truth I don't remember much about how it hit since I hit on so many new and different bags that day. I do remember that the leather was really nice though.

Comment

• riqal
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
          Hi,

The Title Black is one of my favorite bags. The panels are a very lightweight but durable leather, and the bag is fast and so nimble. I think every bag of mine has been faster, more responsive, and just overall better and more fun with the EverLast orange bladder (no glue required). See link at bottom. I have quite a few bags, and I absolutely love this one - it's a quality item.

Quick Demo:

Demonstration of an 8-Strike finish, followed by a 7-Strike Finish. For information about how to enjoy the Speed Bag, in a free, safe, moderated, anonymous-i...

EverLast Orange Bladders:
          http://www.forzasports.com/everlast-...-bladder-small
          Thanks for your response. So you did change the bladder in the Title Black? Also, what size is that bag in the video? Yeah, I have used that everlast orange bladder on a few of my bags. It brought them to life. What swivel are you using there?

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
            I hit on one for a little bit at last year's gathering, but to tell you the truth I don't remember much about how it hit since I hit on so many new and different bags that day. I do remember that the leather was really nice though.
            Yeah, I’ll bet it is nice leather. I was just wondering if it is a heavier feeling bag, or a little on the lighter side.

Comment

• "The Godless"
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jul 2016

Title black is a solid choice! I have all three sizes and until recently it was my favorite out of the 15 bags I own. Balazs also makes a very solid bag that takes a beating like no other. Balazs for workouts and title back for bible style!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                So do all title bags need a bladder replacement right outta the gate? Sorry Regal, I know that doesn't answer your question.
                Well, I think that depends to a degree on the swivel you use. When I was using the everlast u-bolt swivel, my title gyros 8x5 and 9x6 bags weren’t as lively as I wanted. So I sold the 8x5 and changed the bladder in the 9x6 to the everlast orange bladder. The bladder change made a noticeable difference. It helped liven the bag up. Then I sold the 9x6 with the orange bladder. Later, I switched to the old everlast chain link swivel. I rebought the 8x5 and 9x6 TItle gyros. The were just fine with their original bladders on the chain link. Also, the title yellow and title classic 8x5 bags were also good and fast on the everlast chain link with their original bladders. Also, the title atomic bag was fast on the everlast u-bolt and even faster on the chain link. So, I think whether or not the title bags need a bladder change depends on the swivel you use and what you want out of the bag. Now, compare that with ringside. All of the ringside bags I ever had have been fine no matter what swivel I used. Same with everlast. The title bags have that heavier bladder, but they can be just fine with the right swivel. Title bags are great, quality constructed bags. And I really enjoy hitting them with their heavier feeling, original bladders on a shorter swivel like my chain link. It’s a great workout.
                Last edited by riqal; 03-12-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...