• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
    Man i would so be up for this!! unfortunately the trip across the pond would seriously dent my wallet!! it would be great to meet you guys and learn, hope it goes well, best wishes from one of the UK contingent.
    I've only just seen this. It sounds like a fantastic idea Tim. Maybe one day, there'll be enough baggers here in the UK to do something similar.

fingers I looked at flights, let's say July 2010, it would cost something like £1,700 +

Gutted!

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

My car never cost that much!!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
        I've only just seen this. It sounds like a fantastic idea Tim. Maybe one day, there'll be enough baggers here in the UK to do something similar.
        Love the idea. Regionalized bag meetings. Hope it comes to pass.

fingers I looked at flights, let's say July 2010, it would cost something like £1,700 +

Gutted!
        Yipes And that's just the flight alone. Oh well. Sometime down the road there will be something in the UK and AUS as well, seems like we've got good support in both those countries.

Comment

• dax_q
          • Jan 2008

Hey guys, haven't been around for a while. Quick update, my platform(Lowe's pine) is breaking up on me. I need to find a more solid piece of wood. Anyway, I vote for doing this at Skunk's gym. He volunteered it and it would make the most sense. If it is a big success, we could do a destination convention the following year. This could be a test run without the need to spend a lot of money. Just my thoughts.
          -Dax

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by dax_q View Post
            Hey guys, haven't been around for a while. Quick update, my platform(Lowe's pine) is breaking up on me. I need to find a more solid piece of wood. Anyway, I vote for doing this at Skunk's gym. He volunteered it and it would make the most sense. If it is a big success, we could do a destination convention the following year. This could be a test run without the need to spend a lot of money. Just my thoughts.
            -Dax
            Dax, unfortunately, Skunk had to close his gym a few months ago. We are still exploring Vegas and Orlando. If they don't pan out, we have a place in New Jersey that we can fall back on. Look for posts by a member called RealGymm.

Sorry to hear about your platform. I thought you had a good idea there.

Comment

• royalewifcheese
              • Jul 2008

I'm new but count me in!

Comment

• SpeedBagUS
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2010

Speedbag Marathon!

Hi Tim and fellow speedbaggers...I am new to the forum...Thanks for having me...We have about 20 speedbag enthusiasts (ages 16- 94) who work out at a downtown gym in Pensacola, FL...It's great to meet people like ourselves who share a passion for the speedbag...

We are proposing a Speedbag Marathon to be held in the coming weeks (May/early June).

Purpose is to set a world record that keeps a speedbag in motion for multiple hours which will be updated on YouTube. Participants will display their skill on a single bag rotating with one another until the record is set...Our aim is to promote the skill of speedbagging...
                Event currently planned to be held at the Downtown YMCA in Pensacola USA...

You are welcome to join us...

PS: There is a growing Speedbag Skunk fanbase on the Gulf Coast...

All the best, Joe Webb (SpeedBagUS)

joe@speedbagus.com

joe@SpeedbagMarathon.com
                (the above email active by 3.31.10

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagUS View Post
                  Hi Tim and fellow speedbaggers...I am new to the forum...Thanks for having me...We have about 20 speedbag enthusiasts (ages 16- 94) who work out at a downtown gym in Pensacola, FL...It's great to meet people like ourselves who share a passion for the speedbag...
                  Welcome to the forum

We are proposing a Speedbag Marathon to be held in the coming weeks (May/early June).

Purpose is to set a world record that keeps a speedbag in motion for multiple hours which will be updated on YouTube. Participants will display their skill on a single bag rotating with one another until the record is set...Our aim is to promote the skill of speedbagging...

Sounds like a blast! Please let us know when you finalize a date!

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

PS: There is a growing Speedbag Skunk fanbase on the Gulf Coast...

All the best, Joe Webb (SpeedBagUS)

joe@speedbagus.com

joe@SpeedbagMarathon.com
                    (the above email active by 3.31.10
                    Welcome JOE

you might want to check out Heather Wellard of Tonbridge England and her 26 hour non-stop punching marathon.

You may need to Register with the Guinness world records site

Good Luck!
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagUS
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Mar 2010

Hi Speed Bag...Appreciate the reply...Aware of Heather's record...What an achievement...We have applied to set a Guinness record using multiple participants...This particular classification/record may not exist at this juncture but we are going for it because we love speedbagging...

Thanks for the encouragement and what you bring to the sport...All the best...Joe

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hi Speed Bag...Appreciate the reply...Aware of Heather's record...What an achievement...We have applied to set a Guinness record using multiple participants...This particular classification/record may not exist at this juncture but we are going for it because we love speedbagging...

Thanks for the encouragement and what you bring to the sport...All the best...Joe
                        Welcome!
                        You guys are a cool clan of psycho baggers!
                        I think we'd all love to see some vid of what you are all doing together!
                        Sounds great! It would be cool if you made a little trek up to NJ for the convention!!!
                        BAG ON!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...