X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Who's going? SPEED B.A.G. V - 2014

Well, I finally got my airline tickets to fly out to Keyport, NJ for the 5th Annual gathering — SPEED B.A.G. V!!

I look forward to this event every year so that I can hang with some really great people. Ask anyone who has traveled to Keyport to attend the gathering and I'm pretty sure they will say it's worth it!

I'll be flying in a day early this year. This will be nice for me because in the past I've always flown the Red Eye from Seattle to Newark on Thursday night, arriving early Friday morning. I can never sleep on the plane, so I lose a day's sleep. This year, I'll have the extra day to catch up on my sleep before arriving at Real Gymm on Friday. Can't wait to see Donnie Blanks, the owner of Real Gymm, and his beautiful wife and 3 sons. They are wonderful hosts of this event. Donnie's gym is in a new location this year, and it's a HUGE facility, with a fantastic water view of New York City.

I'll be meeting up with Lisa (speedbag4life). We're going to share a rental car and lodging. Can't wait.

So, I'm wondering who else has made reservations to attend SB V on July 11, 12, and 13?
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

hummm... yeah! You know I'm going to be there. I get in Thursday afternoon to help set-up, have a beer & hit some bag! Can't wait to see you & Lisa, it is always a blast.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      Well, I finally got my airline tickets to fly out to Keyport, NJ for the 5th Annual gathering — SPEED B.A.G. V!!

I look forward to this event every year so that I can hang with some really great people. Ask anyone who has traveled to Keyport to attend the gathering and I'm pretty sure they will say it's worth it!

I'll be flying in a day early this year. This will be nice for me because in the past I've always flown the Red Eye from Seattle to Newark on Thursday night, arriving early Friday morning. I can never sleep on the plane, so I lose a day's sleep. This year, I'll have the extra day to catch up on my sleep before arriving at Real Gymm on Friday. Can't wait to see Donnie Blanks, the owner of Real Gymm, and his beautiful wife and 3 sons. They are wonderful hosts of this event. Donnie's gym is in a new location this year, and it's a HUGE facility, with a fantastic water view of New York City.

I'll be meeting up with Lisa (speedbag4life). We're going to share a rental car and lodging. Can't wait.

So, I'm wondering who else has made reservations to attend SB V on July 11, 12, and 13?
      Have RVSP's will travel. Not sure about ride from Newark AP to Hotel, but I'll cross the bridge when I come to it.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

we are coming

Hi Joe and I have our reservations. we are going to drive up from Cape Coral we hope someone will maybe ride with us who knows the way to the gym
        looking forward to meeting everyone.

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
          • Nov 2010

ehhhh

I miiiiiiiight be there....this speed bag stuff ain't that cool anymore...

Okay okay you guys convinced me...I'll be there on Thursday...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
            I miiiiiiiight be there....this speed bag stuff ain't that cool anymore...

Yeah… you're right. Soooo boring…

Lisa and I will be arriving on Thursday too. See you soon!
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Don't you mean,

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

More hits there.

Comment

• Eric
                • May 2014

Speed Bag V

I was thinking of coming for a day or two. Is this place eassy to find ?

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  I was thinking of coming for a day or two. Is this place eassy to find ?

If flying, you'll need a rental car unless you're able to arrange a lift from a fellow bagger. Just set your iphone's Google Maps for Keyport, NJ and follow the directions. The hardest part for me every year when I arrive is leaving the airport! If you take the wrong freeway entrance, you'll be headed for NYC!

I'm not sure how hard it is to find if you're driving up from N.C. But, whichever way you come, you won't regret it.

Maybe you can parachute in. Now that would be cool!
                  Last edited by MsDeville; 06-17-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Eric
                    • May 2014

Sb v

Lining up flight and car & room. Im looking forward to meeeting all these people I have been watching on videos as I practice.
                    OK.....I'm all lined up to be there !!! I should roll in around noon Friday !
                    Last edited by Eric; 07-09-2014, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

If flying, you'll need a rental car unless you're able to arrange a lift from a fellow bagger. Just set your iphone's Google Maps for Keyport, NJ and follow the directions. The hardest part for me every year when I arrive is leaving the airport! If you take the wrong freeway entrance, you'll be headed for NYC!

I'm not sure how hard it is to find if you're driving up from N.C. But, whichever way you come, you won't regret it.

Maybe you can parachute in. Now that would be cool!
                      Cost of rental car is sometimes more than the plane ride.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Folks- I am sad to say I won't make this one. Yesterday I handed in my resignation at EA, where I have worked for 10.5 years. I will be joining the small IT company I co-founded full time, on July 7th. The demands on the growing business dictate that I put full focus on it immediately. I will miss seeing everyone, watching Art of the Bag with dear friends, and seeing the new gym.

Tim

Comment

• Zaza
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2011

Congrats and Best of Luck Tim! I'm sure we'll be seeing you another time soon...
                          (you will be missed)

Cheers!
                          -Zaza
                          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
                            • Nov 2010

That is some really awesome and sad news Tim! Best of luck with your company! You'll be missed at Speed Bag V that's for sure! Hope to see you soon, at least before Speed Bag VI!!!!

Bag on bag bruddah!

Comment

• slowfoot
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Nov 2012

See you there Saturday. Sorry you can't make it Tim.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...