Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

It seems to me that the right thing happened. Alan got invited to Letterman, dodged the bullet of bad timing with his shoulder difficulties, hopefully had a really great time in NYC - gratis, and the art of Punch Drumming was spared association with ridiculous stunts and the word “Stupid”, (although bouncing a ball on your forehead while jumping rope can’t be too easy the first few times – props. to him.)

The Universe will take care of Alan. This happens all of the time and is a part of the filtering process – they know he’s here and that he’s good. Just wait – the time will come, the segment will have dignity, Alan will be physically and mentally better prepared, and all of the supporting infrastructure will be ready for an onslaught of interest – DVDs, Books, Swivels, etc.
    To me, a proud and happy student, this event counts as really, really, cool, and had to have been a unique life/learning experience!

Congratulations again Alan. What percentage of the world receives a call like that? Hope you at least got to eat an N.Y.C. bagel, a couple’a slices of Pizza, and a slice of N.Y.C. Cheesecake with your coffee.

I for one, am not only really hungry now, but really happy for you and really proud of you too!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
      It seems to me that the right thing happened. Alan got invited to Letterman, dodged the bullet of bad timing with his shoulder difficulties, hopefully had a really great time in NYC - gratis, and the art of Punch Drumming was spared association with ridiculous stunts and the word “Stupid”, (although bouncing a ball on your forehead while jumping rope can’t be too easy the first few times – props. to him.)

The Universe will take care of Alan. This happens all of the time and is a part of the filtering process – they know he’s here and that he’s good. Just wait – the time will come, the segment will have dignity, Alan will be physically and mentally better prepared, and all of the supporting infrastructure will be ready for an onslaught of interest – DVDs, Books, Swivels, etc.
      To me, a proud and happy student, this event counts as really, really, cool, and had to have been a unique life/learning experience!

Congratulations again Alan. What percentage of the world receives a call like that? Hope you at least got to eat an N.Y.C. bagel, a couple’a slices of Pizza, and a slice of N.Y.C. Cheesecake with your coffee.

I for one, am not only really hungry now, but really happy for you and really proud of you too!
      Thanks PD. this whole experience, trip, broadway shows (letterman and Phantom of the Opera, last night), getting to meet the Late night with Letterman Crew, See Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp live, go to the "hello Deli" and get a picture with Rupert, Bif, and some great shots hitting the speed bag on the Stage of the show with dave's desk in the background......

Unreal experience in my book of life, all made possible by the speed bag. Eleven years ago I got to spend 4 days in NYC punching with Blue Man Group (nothing big ever came of that other than maintaining life long contacts) and now being invited by David Letterman organization. The other four acts in NYC with me all had submitted video's to the show. I did not, they contacted me after a few of my punch drumming video's have started "trending" apparently. Several new bands have contacted me about hitting to their music for upcoming video's, and I've met a lot of really great people.

Sure, I'm disappointed I wasn't "on air", but Don't cry for me Argentina, life is good, even If I can't wrap my head in cotton candy.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        Timing is everything, in speed bagging...AND life.
        I've said it before...and I'll say it again.

This just goes to show more & more people are discovering our addiction
        ...they will call him back, it's just too cool.

Thank you Alan for your passion, dedication & persistence... I wouldn't be baggin' if it wasn't for you!

Cheers!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Another mention that showed up today in a Google Alert,

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thank you Alan
            for your passion,
            dedication & persistence...
            I wouldn't be baggin' if it wasn't for you!
            Cheers!

My sentiments exactly.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Another mention that showed up today in a Google Alert,

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/0...-debarge-video
              that is a wierd one.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thank you Alan for your passion, dedication & persistence... I wouldn't be baggin' if it wasn't for you!

Cheers!
                Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

[/INDENT]My sentiments exactly.

Comments like these from my fellow baggers means far more to me than any TV appearance, or "almost appearance".

A TV apperance often entertains many for a moment. Sharing your skill or knowledge to awaken that passion in others can change their lives and that is far more meaningful, IMO. I'd much rather hear this on the dawn of my 40th year bagging than "hey, I saw you on the so-and-so show the other night.."
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...