• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Sinister Swivels

Hello Speed Bag Forum,
    This is Tommy Tabino, A.K.A Speedy Tommy T, and I cannot understand why a single company in the U.S. would not manufacture ball hook swivels for us. To those few who wish to own a metal ball hook swivel, I will make my services available.

In 2010, I introduced the patent pending Psycho Swivel and debuted it at Speed Bag I. Since then many people have used my equipment and will attest to the fact that is could be the slickest swivel ever made. All though I will not be making that swivel available, I do have other designs and have retro-fitted many types of swivels.

So if you have old housings of the Everlast Chainlink, Everlast metal ball hook or Nicols housing and these are just to name a few, send them my way. I CAN MAKE YOU A BALL HOOK SWIVEL. The Sinister Swivel is the closet thing I can make to the Psycho and I need the Everlast Chainlink Swivel for this conversion.

If sent to me, I will fit the housing with a ball hook, and shackle, retaining washer, and O-ring all trying to maintain the no metal on metal features of the Psycho.

The hook and shackle will be leather laced and coated with a high strength adhesive to prevent the metal from wearing out. This coating over time will wear off but its easily recoated. Lastly, there are two shackles available; one that fits the Everlast brand and bags that have a smaller loop, and a larger shackle that fits on Title brand bags and bags that have a larger loop.

If you send a metal Everlast ball hook base, I can use a high strength plastic ball to quiet and protect the equipment and you will still receive a coated hook and shackle.

So if you are ready to upgrade your current ball hook or you have some ofd bases laying around, let me revive then and bring them back to life.

I am currently working on a web page that you will be able to order directly from but in the meantime you can private message me on this forum.

COMING IN 2014..... THE SICKO SWIVEL!!!!!
    Attached Files
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

So you are basically replacing the "S" hook with a reverse U attachment, Putting the bend of the U at the top and flat bag attachment at the bottom. The bag can't slide up and around the U when the bag aligns straight with a punch. Interesting concept.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

I have come to the realization that the current attitude of manufacturers large or small is that if you can't gaurentee their minimum production run of an item they don't want to talk to you. I've been trying to get a particular type of small clutch coupling for a mechanical drive (fractional hp) for several months now. I've made countless phone calls and emails to what seems to be several dozen companies in the business, with no satisfaction. I've gotten everything from no response what so ever to "we no longer offer this item, used to but the demand shrunk to the point that it wasn't economical to stock it. We can custom order it with a 50,000 piece minimum." Ten, fifteen years ago I could have gone to my Mcmaster Carr catalog or Graingers and found it. No more. Now I could have it done custom at a specialty machine shop, but it would cost more than the item I'm trying to repair is currently worth.

Comment

• SpeedyTNation
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Sep 2013

Interesting...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...