• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BCbagger
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2014

How To Make your own bag

This is my first post and I have only been baggin for a few months now but have found myself addicted. I was wondering if anyone had ever made their own bag from scratch. I have not been able to find anything about this subject. thanks for any help
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BCbagger View Post
    This is my first post and I have only been baggin for a few months now but have found myself addicted. I was wondering if anyone had ever made their own bag from scratch. I have not been able to find anything about this subject. thanks for any help
    Not I. I imagine there is a lot more that goes into it than we know.

Welcome, first poster. Glad to have you join in!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome to the addiction

Welcome to the forum, BCBagger. I have often considered making my own bag. But, it would probably involve disassembling one of my favorite bags to do this. I'll probably wait till my Leone bag wears out first.

I recall a member from about 4 years ago who posted pictures of his own homemade speed bag made from deer skin. I can't remember the member's name and he hasn't been on the forum for a while. I'll get back to you if I find the posting of his bag.

I'm just curious… what bags do you have so far?
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

This is the most recent post about this subject

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
          • Apr 2012

What do you scratch to make a bag?? EHRrrr?

Welcome...
          Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• BCbagger
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Welcome to the forum, BCBagger. I have often considered making my own bag. But, it would probably involve disassembling one of my favorite bags to do this. I'll probably wait till my Leone bag wears out first.

I recall a member from about 4 years ago who posted pictures of his own homemade speed bag made from deer skin. I can't remember the member's name and he hasn't been on the forum for a while. I'll get back to you if I find the posting of his bag.

I'm just curious… what bags do you have so far?
            Right now I have some 1990 era everlast bags tht my dad bought (4214, and 4210 I think). I also have an everlast that came free with my platform ( super cheap platform and bag, going to upgrade the platform soon). I also have a contender fight sports small speed bag, works pretty well but need to upgrade my bag type. I'm big into working with my hands am making things dot hats why I was looking into making my own.

Comment

• BCbagger
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              This is the most recent post about this subject
              http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ghlight=making
              Thanks Dutchman

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

i am really curious what happend to this project . would be nice to hear a feedback how the bag is that u build

Comment

• rskbreaker
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BCbagger View Post
                  I've made a bag from scratch. You won't find much on the subject because for the most part, equipment making is an art that is usually passed to family members and kept in house, kind of like grandmas secret recipe.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...