X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDeville's First Video in the Woman Cave

For some reason, ever since I got back from Speed B.A.G. III, I have felt like I couldn't punch. I think it had something to do with seeing the superior baggers who were there that weekend. So humbling.

Well, over this past weekend, Trainer Raul and I finally cleaned out a corner of his garage. I had been hinting about needing a bigger workout area and it paid off!

As soon as we got the platforms put up, I wanted to try to put together a video. I recorded this yesterday, but it was on my very cheap video recorder and the audio quality sucks. The angle isn't so great either. And, not only that, but I actually punched to a Donald Fagen song. Yeah, I know, who's Donald Fagen?

Anyway, if you stick around till the end of the video, you'll see a couple pictures of the workout area. It's still a work in progress. But, I have the essentials:
    Lots of platforms,
    and a bevy of bags.

UPDATE:

I decided to mess around with some special effects in my iMovie video-editing program and ended up with a different version of the first video:

Last edited by MsDeville; 09-22-2012, 03:07 AM.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Sweet!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Speedbaggin'

Hey Dee, Ted here. Yeah your bagging skills are great! You've come a long way from when we first starting speedbagging. Like your setup and the Donald Fagen tune. You're keeping in synch with the rhythm very nicely!
      Keep up the good work Dee!
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
        Hey Dee, Ted here. Yeah your bagging skills are great! You've come a long way from when we first starting speedbagging. Like your setup and the Donald Fagen tune. You're keeping in synch with the rhythm very nicely!
        Keep up the good work Dee!
        Hey TJ! Thanks for checking out the video. It's been a while since you posted last. We missed you at SB II and III... we coulda used a drummer since Brian (spinsmashpop) was unable to make it as well.

Yes, I have surprised myself with this speed bag hobby. My hobbies usually peeter out after a few months. But, here I am 3 years later.

Regarding Donald Fagen... I was a big fan of Steely Dan back in the day. And I have found that I enjoy punching to a lot of Fagen's music.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Sweet!
          Hey Dutch. Yeah. I am pretty excited about this indoor setup. Oh. And, by the way... nobody needs to mention to my "Trainer Raul" that I called it my woman cave, okay?

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Nice Ms. Dee! ...I really like the garage set-up, so should we expect a wide shot as you jump from platform to platform, vertical to horizonal all in time with "FreeBird"?

Oh and a better question might be, "who hasn't heard of Donald Fagen?"!
            I listen to that album every couple of days...that and "Nightfly"...classic albums.

I have to get something up soon too. I found SBIII to be totally inspiring and have been hitting every spare moment I can....in between shoot & editing more for the film of course!

Thanks for posting....looking good.
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Dee, you're giving off some good vibrations. Your platform is giving off no vibrations. Other makers might maybe make a change once they see how a speed bag frame and bracing can be done in accord with the laws of physics. No vibration -- that's the law in Dodge, and in your woman cave.

PS: I hope you and Mrs Mitts can one day meet and do a duet -- in your cave or hers. Cave on.

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very nice job, Dee. Did I see a few reverse FPs sprinkled in?

"Holy bag cave, Bat Woman!" Nice setup.

Pull up bar? Video of Skunk's new addiction? Hmm, you're not training for the Barstarzz, are you?
                Last edited by Biff; 09-23-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• ebozyn
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2010

WOW!

That is one killer speed bag "area 51" there. Looks like everything in it was hand made by you and Raul with the exception of the speed bags. (do You or Raul know how to use a sewing machine?) HeHe

DEVILLE Custom Leather Speed Bags.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                  For some reason, ever since I got back from Speed B.A.G. III, I have felt like I couldn't punch. I think it had something to do with seeing the superior baggers who were there that weekend. So humbling.

Well, over this past weekend, Trainer Raul and I finally cleaned out a corner of his garage. I had been hinting about needing a bigger workout area and it paid off!

As soon as we got the platforms put up, I wanted to try to put together a video. I recorded this yesterday, but it was on my very cheap video recorder and the audio quality sucks. The angle isn't so great either. And, not only that, but I actually punched to a Donald Fagen song. Yeah, I know, who's Donald Fagen?

Anyway, if you stick around till the end of the video, you'll see a couple pictures of the workout area. It's still a work in progress. But, I have the essentials:
                  Lots of platforms,
                  and a bevy of bags.

UPDATE:

I decided to mess around with some special effects in my iMovie video-editing program and ended up with a different version of the first video:

Comment

• Jdevenney
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Sep 2012

Sweet workout area

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                      • Jan 2012

Sweet and on the beat.
                      Looks like you're having more fun with the bag now while you're drumming.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...