X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDeville & Raul at Tacoma YMCA

Recently, my partner, Raul and I donated a Deville speed bag platform to the brand-new YMCA facility at the University of Washington-Tacoma.

It's a beautiful facility:
    The University of Washington Tacoma, in partnership with YMCA of Pierce & Kitsap Counties, enables students to have full, free use of the student center and any YMCA facility in Pierce & Kitsap counties. YMCA members who are not students also will have access to the University Y.

Last Thursday, we were asked to come down to give a Training Session to the employees. Raul is a big believer in the vertical speed bag drum and loves showing its benefits, so we hauled our portable, 4-sided vertical platform to the training session. By the looks of the people in the video, I would say it was a hit. Figuratively and literally! Later, we headed up to the top floor to check out the new Deville X-15 platform.

It was a lot of fun, and I think the fact that this "old lady" was hitting the bag with elbows, it made them realize that it must not be that hard to do!

I told the manager of the Y that we would come again on Thursday evening for any members who are interested in learning some basic punches, along with proper stance etc.

This was a blast! Lots of fun. This footage was taken in the first 10 minutes of the session, everybody tried it, and everybody got the bag going in a nice rhythm.

And, this is when the addiction starts.

Raul and Dee, makers of Deville speed bag equipment showed up at the UW-Tacoma Y to give some basic speed bag training to UW-Tacoma's YMCA employees. It was ...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Dokanyama
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2015

Very nice

That is a great donation. And the UW-Tacoma students and staff are very lucky to have access to this great facility.

TJ
    Dokanyma
    TJ
    Dokanyama.com

Comment

• Eric
      • May 2014

That was a very nice thing you guys did for the YMCA. It was good for the Y Members, the Community, the sport of bagging, and DeVille Swivels as well. Congratulations !

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

What "old lady" ?? That was a very nice donation both of equipment and time think of all the enjoyment your bag and swivel will give to future speed baggers bag on

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Awesome! What a great thing to do...I'm sure it will be a knock-out.
          Attached Files
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

And that is why we LOVE MsDeville and Raul. Baggers to the Bone, unstoppable in their efforts to share their baggin' skills and experience with the world.

and of course..... that wonderful swivel.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Recently, my partner, Raul and I donated a Deville speed bag platform to the brand-new YMCA facility at the University of Washington-Tacoma.

It's a beautiful facility:
            The University of Washington Tacoma, in partnership with YMCA of Pierce & Kitsap Counties, enables students to have full, free use of the student center and any YMCA facility in Pierce & Kitsap counties. YMCA members who are not students also will have access to the University Y.

Last Thursday, we were asked to come down to give a Training Session to the employees. Raul is a big believer in the vertical speed bag drum and loves showing its benefits, so we hauled our portable, 4-sided vertical platform to the training session. By the looks of the people in the video, I would say it was a hit. Figuratively and literally! Later, we headed up to the top floor to check out the new Deville X-15 platform.

It was a lot of fun, and I think the fact that this "old lady" was hitting the bag with elbows, it made them realize that it must not be that hard to do!

I told the manager of the Y that we would come again on Thursday evening for any members who are interested in learning some basic punches, along with proper stance etc.

This was a blast! Lots of fun. This footage was taken in the first 10 minutes of the session, everybody tried it, and everybody got the bag going in a nice rhythm.

And, this is when the addiction starts.

Raul and Dee, makers of Deville speed bag equipment showed up at the UW-Tacoma Y to give some basic speed bag training to UW-Tacoma's YMCA employees. It was ...

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Dee, that was very generous of you and Raul. Great way to spread the bagging word. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Comment

• Del-Striking
                • Aug 2014

Way to go Dee and Raul!

Comment

• rmcgann
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Dec 2014

UWT-Speed Bag

That is such a great thing you did for the YMCA and UW-Tacoma campus. The new Deville X-15 platform looks awesome in that gym. Are you giving the demonstration there this Thursday evening (02/19/15)? If so what time?

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by rmcgann View Post
                    That is such a great thing you did for the YMCA and UW-Tacoma campus. The new Deville X-15 platform looks awesome in that gym. Are you giving the demonstration there this Thursday evening (02/19/15)? If so what time?
                    Yes. That's the plan. I'll be at the UW-Tacoma YMCA around 7pm on THURSDAY. Instruction is not my forte, but I have lots of enthusiasm and I can at least show people the basics.
                    Last edited by MsDeville; 02-18-2015, 12:35 PM. Reason: corrected the day I will be at YMCA
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Hedya Cohn
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2015

Instruction is not my forte, but I have lots of enthusiasm and I can at least show people the basics.
                      You're a little too modest, you taught me well.

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Yes. That's the plan. I'll be at the UW-Tacoma YMCA around 7pm on THURSDAY. Instruction is not my forte, but I have lots of enthusiasm and I can at least show people the basics.
                        What!?? NOW you tell me
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...