• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey Bagaholics! Brian Tichy here!

Hello everyone! It's been a while! Far too long! I found myself posting a reply to a recent punch drumming video I did and was like, "why am I not starting a new thread with some hellos and updates...etc... soooooo...

It's nice to see the Bag getting great attention still what with the Speed BAG Gatherings up to #6!!! Yeah! I miss it! The first one was great!
    I've missed the last two by a hair as I was on tour in Connecticut at that time last year and this year made it to NJ with my kids the week after!

Also, I gotta say.. as a bagger since 2008 who, as a drummer, quickly and naturally got way into the art of Punch Drumming (invented by Alan Kahn), I gotta give it up to Matt Santiago! Damn son!!!! haha.. The one clip of him punch drumming at a rapid fire pace to some dance type music at a Gathering is just insane!!!

Punch Drummers are far and few: I've seen a couple others getting into it.. but of course the King is Alan! But man, Matt simple left me awestruck and dumbfounded!! I also saw the Gillette commercial he is in too! Very cool!!

I haven't been on the Forum much in years. But as soon as I check it out, I get all into it again.
    Anyhow.. I wiped out snowboarding months ago and tore up my left shoulder.
    It's been healing but it's not 100% yet. I wanted a new Punch Drum video and by getting back into it helped build up the muscle behind the shoulder (whatever it's called) as I felt fatigue while bagging. Sooo, I was determined to get it together..
    I didn't pull out all the stops in the vid.. (after 100 takes it was highly frustrating and the focus is the keep time for a whole song with no miss hits)

So... here it is ... Baggin’ In The Limelight... punch drummed to Limelight by one of my favorite bands, Rush!
    if you want to see some real speedy Punch Drumming, of course go watch Matt Santiago, but also go watch Alan Kahn punch to The Song Remains The Same!
    It is badass!

I'm on tour with a band The Dead Daisies, sort of an all star thing with guys from Guns N Roses and Thin Lizzy and Motley Crue's one time singer John Corabi.
    We are opening for Whitesnake now. We are in Florida.. Orlando.. Hard Rock tomoro night! I think Speed Bag Skunk is coming! And Tim Platt, if you read this.. let me know if you wanna come! We are openers, we have limited tickets, but I can try to make it happen!!

We then go open for KISS in Australia, the KISS Kruise, Whitesnake in Europe, and our own shows in the UK and Israel...
    I will do some more Punch Drum vids to KISS and Whitesnake soon...

If you google "Tichy Speed Bag Limelight Rush" you can see like 10 pages of websites that have covered this. It's gotten over 100,000 youtube views in 2 weeks.. more great exposure for the Speed Bag as lots of it is rock radio websites...

Alright ... BAG ON!

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Hi BT!

I for one are very glad you are back on here, I have managed to glean much insight into punch drumming by going through your old posts and I look forward to being able to gain more.
    Loved your recent video, close to 100,000 views were me watching it over again and again taking notes lol.
    All the best with your shoulder recovery.
    SSM

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

I was wondering what you were up to just yesterday, as I glanced over at the bag that has your signature on it. Good to hear from you. Bag On!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        Hello everyone! It's been a while! Far too long! I found myself posting a reply to a recent punch drumming video I did and was like, "why am I not starting a new thread with some hellos and updates...etc... soooooo...

It's nice to see the Bag getting great attention still what with the Speed BAG Gatherings up to #6!!! Yeah! I miss it! The first one was great!
        I've missed the last two by a hair as I was on tour in Connecticut at that time last year and this year made it to NJ with my kids the week after!

Also, I gotta say.. as a bagger since 2008 who, as a drummer, quickly and naturally got way into the art of Punch Drumming (invented by Alan Kahn), I gotta give it up to Matt Santiago! Damn son!!!! haha.. The one clip of him punch drumming at a rapid fire pace to some dance type music at a Gathering is just insane!!!

Punch Drummers are far and few: I've seen a couple others getting into it.. but of course the King is Alan! But man, Matt simple left me awestruck and dumbfounded!! I also saw the Gillette commercial he is in too! Very cool!!

I haven't been on the Forum much in years. But as soon as I check it out, I get all into it again.
        Anyhow.. I wiped out snowboarding months ago and tore up my left shoulder.
        It's been healing but it's not 100% yet. I wanted a new Punch Drum video and by getting back into it helped build up the muscle behind the shoulder (whatever it's called) as I felt fatigue while bagging. Sooo, I was determined to get it together..
        I didn't pull out all the stops in the vid.. (after 100 takes it was highly frustrating and the focus is the keep time for a whole song with no miss hits)

So... here it is ... Baggin’ In The Limelight... punch drummed to Limelight by one of my favorite bands, Rush!
        if you want to see some real speedy Punch Drumming, of course go watch Matt Santiago, but also go watch Alan Kahn punch to The Song Remains The Same!
        It is badass!

I'm on tour with a band The Dead Daisies, sort of an all star thing with guys from Guns N Roses and Thin Lizzy and Motley Crue's one time singer John Corabi.
        We are opening for Whitesnake now. We are in Florida.. Orlando.. Hard Rock tomoro night! I think Speed Bag Skunk is coming! And Tim Platt, if you read this.. let me know if you wanna come! We are openers, we have limited tickets, but I can try to make it happen!!

We then go open for KISS in Australia, the KISS Kruise, Whitesnake in Europe, and our own shows in the UK and Israel...
        I will do some more Punch Drum vids to KISS and Whitesnake soon...

If you google "Tichy Speed Bag Limelight Rush" you can see like 10 pages of websites that have covered this. It's gotten over 100,000 youtube views in 2 weeks.. more great exposure for the Speed Bag as lots of it is rock radio websites...

Alright ... BAG ON!

word to our Bag Brother and my friend. Miss you BT! Keep punching and laying down the beat!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey, hey, BT. Glad to see you making an appearance. Hope your injury heals quickly and completely. If you're anywhere near Sydney on your Australian tour, give Deano a shout. He's only about an hour south of Sydney. I'm sure he'd love to see you play. I know he and his wife were in Greece and Italy for awhile, but I think they're back now.

Looking forward to your new PD videos.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          word to our Bag Brother and my friend. Miss you BT! Keep punching and laying down the beat!

What great memories! Excellent collaboration by AK, BT, and JD. You guys had the gym rockin!

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Thanks for the update...love me some RUSH! Awesome video!!
            Good to have you back.
            Cheers,
            -Za
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• KaiserSosa
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2014

I love Limelight too ! Well played sir. Made this drummer's day.

Maybe you could be the first drummer to appear on the cover of Modern Drummer with a speedbag?

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by KaiserSosa View Post
                I love Limelight too ! Well played sir. Made this drummer's day.

Maybe you could be the first drummer to appear on the cover of Modern Drummer with a speedbag?
                Hey KS,

BT has been featured in Modern Drummer a few times. Check out this link.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...