X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southtexaskevin
    • Jan 2012

dead bag?

I just got my title gyro balanced 10x7 bag in today, happy valentines day to me haha. The bag is nice, soft leather, not as big as I thought it woukd be, nice shape, all around a good looking bag. I had to adjust the point on top of the bladder a little because it seemed off.... But when I started to hit it it seemed slow and dead, so i put a little more air, and still, so a little more air, I didn't want to inflate it too much, but it still seemed slow and dead. Could it be because its brand new, will a bag speed up?
  • tjgonz
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by southtexaskevin View Post
    I just got my title gyro balanced 10x7 bag in today, happy valentines day to me haha. The bag is nice, soft leather, not as big as I thought it woukd be, nice shape, all around a good looking bag. I had to adjust the point on top of the bladder a little because it seemed off.... But when I started to hit it it seemed slow and dead, so i put a little more air, and still, so a little more air, I didn't want to inflate it too much, but it still seemed slow and dead. Could it be because its brand new, will a bag speed up?
    Hey Kev I thought the same thing of my Title classic, but I think mostly because of the light weight compared to the Everlast I was used to..Ive sort of gotten used to it but I have the same question!

Comment

• southtexaskevin
      • Jan 2012

Tj, I'm thinking even if it does speed up after breaking it in, it can't get much faster.... I called title and they said "if its not up to my standards than send it back"... My "standards" aren't high, I have only hit a wornout cheep everlast bag... I researched this bag, andi have seen videos of this bag flying....

Ralph, I was just thinking that, is it the bag or the bladder, I'm thinking about taking the bladder from the everlast and patching it and trying it in the title, it would eliminate the "gyro" but would it speed it up.... Does the actual "bag" make a difference. I know size of the bag does, but is it the bladder that makes the bag.... If I switch them I will let you know how it works.....

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Tj, I'm thinking even if it does speed up after breaking it in, it can't get much faster.... I called title and they said "if its not up to my standards than send it back"... My "standards" aren't high, I have only hit a wornout cheep everlast bag... I researched this bag, andi have seen videos of this bag flying....

Ralph, I was just thinking that, is it the bag or the bladder, I'm thinking about taking the bladder from the everlast and patching it and trying it in the title, it would eliminate the "gyro" but would it speed it up.... Does the actual "bag" make a difference. I know size of the bag does, but is it the bladder that makes the bag.... If I switch them I will let you know how it works.....
        Hey southtexaskevin, If this bag you ordered is supposed to be pretty good, then, swapping out the bladder (they're around $4-$5 I think at Title) like Ralph mentioned can make a big difference.

One more thing to consider is the stability of the platform. I've seen where some baggers will take long nylon straps and cinch them over the top of the drum of their free-standing platform and attach them to the floor or ground somehow. The more rigid the drum, the better bagging experience, imo...

In any case, Title sounds like a decent company to deal with...
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

ICould it be because its brand new, will a bag speed up?
          I've seen a few dead bags come to life after 2 weeks of intensive punch therapy. (HINT: It's not the bag that's getting better).

In all seriousness different bags require a different level of finesse. Light bags such as the Title Classic often bother people at first (compared to heavier bag) but witihin a short while you can punch on it just as fast and hard as any other bag.

I can't speak for the 10x7 gyro, but the 8x5 gyro is a fantastic little bag that hits great. I'd recommend giving it some time and the laws of physics will force you to come to appreciate that any 10x7 is going to be more of a "power" bag.
          Last edited by Tim; 02-15-2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• southtexaskevin
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            I've seen a few dead bags come to life after 2 weeks of intensive punch therapy. (HINT: It's not the bag that's getting better).
            haha.... I hope your right, either way, I'm very happy with the quality of the bag. This is only the third bag I have hit, the grey everlast in the pic is worn out, but is fast, for me atleast, its a little bigger than the gyro, but feels a lot lighter, but tje quality isnt the same

Msdeville, I agree with you on the platform. I have had some thought about reinforcing this more, but not much action, I have been happy with the improvement the two pieces of wood have made, but you can tell from the video I posted, there is still a lot of play. I didn't get a chance to hit today, but I have got over the disappointment and feel I am going to enjoy this bag, even more when I get my deville swivel.

Does anyone have a preferred conditioner for the leather.

Comment

• Amoore061
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2012

Not sure. but is the bag extending beyond your platform? From the picture you have up as your avatar, looks pretty close.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...