• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • questionare
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

My homemade platform

Hi there,

First of all I would like to thank all the members here for the information and motivation we get from.

The attached pictures shows my homemade speedbag platform, it was made from double mini table top wood, below is a breif description of each picture:
    1. overall picture of the platform.
    2. side view of the platform.
    3. swivel attachement to the board.
    4. I drilled few millimeters wider than the screws, so that the ball don't hit the scres.
    5. My homemade bulgarian bag & medicine ball (the blue one) to minimize the vibration.
    6. How I attached the board to the wall.
    7. An inspirational t-shirt for workout motiviation

I already ordered two NOS ringside bags from RP65, am waiting to get them so I decorate the platform with them.

Also, please recommend for me a ball-hook swivel, since it is the thing I miss currently.
    Attached Files
  • southtexaskevin
    • Jan 2012

Looks good, as much as I like the platforms made by companys such as title and everlast,I am a fan of the homemade platform. It's just something about building with my own two hands that gives me satisfaction. How are those metal supports working out. I started to make a wall mount out of a stackable washer/dryer stand. But Im just not happy with it.

Comment

• questionare
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by southtexaskevin View Post
      Looks good, as much as I like the platforms made by companys such as title and everlast,I am a fan of the homemade platform. It's just something about building with my own two hands that gives me satisfaction. How are those metal supports working out. I started to make a wall mount out of a stackable washer/dryer stand. But Im just not happy with it.
      The metal supports works great... I am using what we call here in the middle east roll-blacks (you call it anchor bolts), its size is 8mm, which when you screw it, it extends within the drilled hole in the wall...
      Last edited by questionare; 03-06-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Johnny O
        • Apr 2011

Nice Job!

Funny, I weigh my platforms down with a medicine ball and a homemade bulgarian bag.
        Attached Files

Comment

• questionare
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Johnny O View Post
          Nice Job!

Funny, I weigh my platforms down with a medicine ball and a homemade bulgarian bag.
          , other than stabilizing the platform, I use it as a storage shelf

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

That's a Very nice setup you have there Johnny. Everything is Nice and Organized.

I'm wanna take my bagging out of the unfinished filthy basement sometime in the near future, and have a nice little Baggin' Station.

Your Baggin' Station Looks AWESOME.

Originally posted by Johnny O View Post
            Nice Job!

Comment

• Johnny O
              • Apr 2011

Hey thanks Ebozyn! Thats my man cave, some guys have big screen TVs... I just have things I can hit. My wife doesn't think this looks nice and organized, she has other words to describe the basement.

Comment

• dogtoke
                • Jun 2008

Just to have a basement much less with cinder block walls for your setups..You are stoked Johnny O

Comment

• Johnny O
                  • Apr 2011

Thanks dogtoke! That oversize drum you got there is quite the setup.

Comment

• Boltbaby
                    • Apr 2011

I'm working on getting a new platform built. I found a guy that had some old birch plywood that he got when he remodeled a bar. I bought a piece from him and today I cut two rounds. I only had enough birch for the bottom, so I got a piece of MDF for the top.

I drilled out a dowel pin hole 1/2 way into my router table and then drilled a hole in the middle of the boards. Spun the board around, increasing the depth of the router with each turn. It turned out pretty good!

Now I just need to glue them together, sand and stain the edges and drill holes for the hardware.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Boltbaby; 03-11-2012, 09:35 PM.
                    The rhythm is gonna get you, too!

Comment

• Johnny O
                      • Apr 2011

Turned out great! What's the diameter of the drum and what are you going to hang it from?

Comment

• Boltbaby
                        • Apr 2011

Thanks! I think it was Joe's pics that inspired me to begin with. It's 24."

I'm replacing the old Everlast starter speedbag kit platform I got at a yard sale for $5. It's been pretty good, but I just want something a little heavier and that looks nicer in my workout room. It's not adjustable, but I worked around that. See the blue gym mats under my platform? They used to be one big one that folded 4 times. I cut it in half, so now I can just change the height of the mat by flipping one half over towards the wall. Works great! Necessity is the mother of invention, right?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Boltbaby; 03-12-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Very Nice setup. Love the wide fan on the wall.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Boltbaby
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                            ...wow boltbaby yours looks better than mine, you are very handy and thats cool. can't wait to see you hit on your new setup...ralph
                            Thanks, guys! I got a few skilz

I'm going to try to get it up there today. I can't wait to try it out! It will have my Powermill swivel on it.

Hey, have any of you guys tried using something between the drum and the bracket to deaden vibration? I was thinking neoprene or something like that? I was thinking I might try it.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                              • Jan 2012

Nice spot! I like standing on lots of mats - makes me smile. Reminds me of school.
                              Enjoy your new setup!

BTW: I've found that a 45 degree brace from the top front of the drum to the wall (or cross member) eliminates vibration in the drum. It may be elsewhere, but triangles are solid.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...