Tichy update! Speed Bag Truck is back for august!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Tichy update! Speed Bag Truck is back for august!

Hi everyone! I haven't been here for months.... but wanted do a quick update...
    *1. I watched lots of the Speed Bag III footage! Great stuff! Anyone who was there is extremely lucky! I was at the first one, (I grew up an hour north of it)... It's a mile away from one of best friends JD Deservio who plays bass in Black Label Society with Zakk Wylde. He and I did some drum n bass jammin at Speed Bag I with Alan Kahn punch drumming along. there are clips on youtube.
    (*Skunk even stayed over my mom's house and my kids that year)...
    I tried to make it this year but was too swamped with work at home in Los Angeles.....
    *2. Anyhow.... for those of you who don't know; I am a drummer. I play in Whitesnake and used to be in Foreigner. I started baggin' in 2008, and toured all 2009 and some of 2010 with Foreigner. I set up a platform in the equipment truck and any baggers who came to a Foreginer show would get tickets and we'd bag it up as long as we could pre show. I have great memories and youtube clips of Skunk, tim Platt, Alan Kahn, Scissorhands and many others hangin' in the Speed Bag Truck...
    Soooo.... I am filling in for Foreigner all August while they look for a permanent drummer.
    I shipped out a platform and bags with my drums .... soooo.. the Truck is back in action.
    If Foreigner is in your area soon, let me know... and we'll do some bagging..
    Tim, Skunk, we are in Orlando August 14th, I get there the 13th... hope to see you guys!!!
    *3. I also got a chance to be featured on That Metal Show a few months ago. I played drums and bagged together with a 275 lb. Balazs stand they made for me to use on the show. Alice Cooper, Slash, Scott Ian of Anthrax, and guys from Dokken were on those shows. It was a pretty awesome thing to get to do on tv, and it gave the bag some unique attention that it fully deserves.... There's one clip on youtube I'll include.. I have to get around to editing and making clips of the rest soon...
    Anyhow... that's that... BAG ON!!
    Type in Speed Bag Truck on youtube to see tons of clips...
    I put a bunch up here as they are cool memories and spand like 4 years of stuff ...there's tons more... but this is nice array of Bagaholic Adventures!
    Speed Baggers are some of the coolest people in the world. No ego, no judging, no weird vibes.. just a natural effortless hang cuz we are all about the art of the Bag!!!! It's an awesome community I am proud to be a part of!!!!
    First thing I did on That Metal Show...

Punch Drumming in 2009 to Rush!

Building Skunks' Speed Bag Porch with 6 Bag Stations! Awesome time!!

Punch Drumming while Kansas plays 'Point Of No Return!'

FIrst time in a smaller Speed Bag Truck with Alan!

Tim Platt and his insane elbows!

Some recent bagging in my garage at :45 (keeping time with the foot)

SKunk dominating 3 bags in the Bag Truck!

And ..Skunk same day ... fastest bagging ever!!
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Damn, just saw this post. Sure hope you weren't anywhere near PA. I'd be disappointed.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...