X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Punch Drumming to Bocelli

No. It isn't me punch drumming to Bocelli. But, after listening and watching this YouTube video of this speed bagger named Bryce, it has inspired me to give it a try.

I wanted to post this video because, 1. someone new is punching a speed bag; and 2. the song is so beautiful – wow, that Bocelli guy can sing!

Other than Alan Kahn, I don't recall seeing a speed bagger attempting to punch to classical music before. This bagger appears to be relatively new at the art of the bag, but he shows promise.

Anyway, it was a very pleasant video to watch this early this morning, sipping on my coffee, and fantasizing about Italy, Andrea Bocelli, the canals of Venice, and a new Leone speed bag… oh, but I digress…

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    No. It isn't me punch drumming to Bocelli. But, after listening and watching this YouTube video of this speed bagger named Bryce, it has inspired me to give it a try.

I wanted to post this video because, 1. someone new is punching a speed bag; and 2. the song is so beautiful – wow, that Bocelli guy can sing!

Other than Alan Kahn, I don't recall seeing a speed bagger attempting to punch to classical music before. This bagger appears to be relatively new at the art of the bag, but he shows promise.

Anyway, it was a very pleasant video to watch this early this morning, sipping on my coffee, and fantasizing about Italy, Andrea Bocelli, the canals of Venice, and a new Leone speed bag… oh, but I digress…

Yes he is doing a great job, punching sometimes in syncopated combinations and sometimes in straight time AND double time triplet rhythm (1:30 - 1:40) ...of course he might not know that but it does not matter. He feels the bag beat and can match it to the music most of the time.

I have punched to a lot of classical music, as well as some opera. It amazingly powerful music. Actually the speed of the music doesn't matter so much because you can punch slower to really fast music by dropping down to "punching in half time", or you can punching to much slower music by jumping up to "punching in double time." Either way you can sound directly on beat to the song. Bryce goes to both methods occasionally.

If you want to try some classical punch drumming, but don't know much at that genre than you try any of these... fast classical

fast classical (samples, not whole songs)
    Thirty to Sixty second clips of the twelve most popular classical music pieces used in film for fast action sequences.Contents1. William Tell OvertureThe ove...

#1 (William Tell by Rossini) is an As#kicker. you might try a moderate basic rhythm for the easy way out. If you try to use syncopated combinations... hang on and get yourself an afterburner. Here is the entire 3min_20sec finale:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

#11. Overture to the Thieving Magpie starts at 8:10 (careful....it's 3/4 time. Use basic rhythm, 3 punches per measure. it matches perfectly. If you want to change sides of the bag, double punch on the side you are going to.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    ..I wanted to post this video because, 1. someone new is punching a speed bag; and 2. the song is so beautiful –

wow, that Bocelli guy can sing!
    Yes he can Been a favorite of mine for a long time. The song in the Bryce video: "Con te partiro" (time to say goodbye.) He is also well known for Duets of "The Prayer" with many artists, particular Celine Dion. But just listen to the note at 4:44 to 5:00 (16 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5vrPaE5Y1o

Andrea Bocelli
    Andrea Bocelli is the most successful classical artist of all time. He has sung for Popes, Presidents, and royalty, performed in many of the greatest concert halls and opera houses, and has sold 85 million records worldwide. He has a Golden Globe, 7 Classical BRITs, and 7 World Music Awards under his belt, plus a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Of course classical, especially opera is not for everyone. An acquired taste I imagine, but I happen to love it and you can punch to many of the songs, which is great because you get to listen to them also...

La Donna e Mobile (3/4 time: use basic "triplet" rhythm. 3 punches per measure. To change sides of the bag, double punch on the side you are going to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTJ0bUG8mo

Funiculi Funicula Medium speed basic rhythm, pretty fast syncopated combinations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4SbelgIFk
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...