• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Banana style bag?

I have a silly question. Why is it slender bags are called "banana bags?" To me their shape is more like a Roma tomato.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

I just assumed it was the longer narrower shape. Either way, it's an edible as I just had two bananas in my post workout protein shake. Tomato would not sit well with the vanilla protein powder, milk, blueberries and bananas..

Truth be known I've had the same question for some time now. Apparently a Cleto is considered to be in the banana category. I like to consider them moderate banana whereas the 5" kanga that Everlast currently sells looks almost water bottle shaped. Looks like a VERY narrow bag
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2018

Better put some veggies in that shake tank, some delicious kale! Perhaps it's just because "banana bag" sounds and rolls off the tongue better that tomato or even eggplant bag!?

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

The word is what it is.

Do you know what first the word "orange" was used for? The fruit or the color? I do.

In this case, I think the word banana was used as a better term for "not pear shaped". Like body shapes.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
          I have a silly question. Why is it slender bags are called "banana bags?" To me their shape is more like a Roma tomato.
          Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          The word is what it is.

Do you know what first the word "orange" was used for? The fruit or the color? I do.

In this case, I think the word banana was used as a better term for "not pear shaped". Like body shapes.

"...not pear shaped". Exactamente

If it looks "long and skinny" (longer than fatter around...) it's called Banana

There are some very good 'nanner bags, but I find the belly is too close to the center for my preference. I like the "fattest part" (belly) of the bag to be a tad closer to the bottom, making it fatter and rounder. Just My Opinion however. Some like the other style. It's probably what you get use to. I can hit either one fine but I never carry bananas with me on the road.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Cazbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            The fruit.... But I had to look it up.
            The explanations given is pretty much what I figured, it's just that in my head I dont think of bananas being a symmetrical shape is all.

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

This is what I always thought it meant.. A Cleto mini and small slightly over ripened banana.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BagBoy; 01-01-2019, 07:31 PM.
              Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...