X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

I haven't been able to spend much time under the board lately. I have been very busy with my commercial freediving but here are a couple of one arm three punch montys.

(O-DES)'(SSP)''(S-DES)'(RSP)'' repeat.

Last edited by Speedbag Seaweed Man; 09-20-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

Just messing around within the rules of rhythm on this combo. Every time I hit the front circle punch, it is when the bag is moving in the same direction as the punch, in order to keep the 3 rebound tune going while changing to the opposite side of the bag. Might seem silly, and I don't normally try for it, but it is actually quite fun working out the timing by listening to the sound. So long as the fist is traveling much faster than the bag, and connects soon enough after the bag's last rebound, it seems to work fine and adds in that accented beat.

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
        Only had one arm spare so it was back to the one arm challenge - for something to do and to find something new.

One arm 3punch-monty (FSP)'(SSP)'RSP)

And figured out how to do these spins.

I was thinking these spin things would be a good way to pause the bag when the music I am drumming to has one of those long pauses in the beat?
        that is a good idea in my last video I was trying to do a pause I have another idea how about doing a one arm video using elbows only I will try it once I can do better elbows thanks for posting.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

Just messing around within the rules of rhythm on this combo. Every time I hit the front circle punch, it is when the bag is moving in the same direction as the punch, in order to keep the 3 rebound tune going while changing to the opposite side of the bag. Might seem silly, and I don't normally try for it, but it is actually quite fun working out the timing by listening to the sound. So long as the fist is traveling much faster than the bag, and connects soon enough after the bag's last rebound, it seems to work fine and adds in that accented beat.
          It's actually quite fun! I was doing this again today

The challenge is in controlling the two different hand speeds that you need to match up and maintain in order to whip the bag as it runs away. Some downwards motion helps boost the moving bag along. It's only going to work for an elbow or fist coming from the opposite side to the strike before it but it could be done from the front, the back, sides, front to back or side to side.
          Being silly you say? lol. Try it, it is surprisingly satisfying chasing the sound of the rebound.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Some 3+3 and 5+1 using Uppercuts and Front Straight punches

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2015

It's actually quite fun! I was doing this again today

The challenge is in controlling the two different hand speeds that you need to match up and maintain in order to whip the bag as it runs away. Some downwards motion helps boost the moving bag along. It's only going to work for an elbow or fist coming from the opposite side to the strike before it but it could be done from the front, the back, sides, front to back or side to side.
              Being silly you say? lol. Try it, it is surprisingly satisfying chasing the sound of the rebound.
              More hitting after the rebound, split fists etc

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...