• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Zaza - 4 Month Update

Time for the 4 month report. I think I'm getting better but who cares, this is just too much fun! Things are starting to make more sense now and I can 'feel' the combinations and hear them in my head so they are easier to link (in my mind's eye). Who knows, maybe I'll be ready for Speed Bag III next year!

This was a 2 camera shoot...this morning (Friday) after 3 strong cups of coffee. It was about 95 degrees in the garage which is great for the old bones. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Cheers,
    -Zaza
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Alright Zaza! That's what i'm talkin' about. Nice smooth transitions to and from the side punches. very nice reverse fist rolls... good speed, and, more importantly nice control. Slick doubles, out, and back. outward triple elbows. control is coming along nicely.

Also, i like that lonsdale bag. That bag must be kind of light, i thought i saw it float a time , or two.

Damn Good Baggin' Zaza!

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Wow! Awsome! I love the platform also!
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

The coffee helps with coordination, does it? Anyway, nice video, nice relentless assault type bagging, and that platform looks super stable, and adjusts so easily. Sort of a benchmark for ease of use and lack of vibration. How much does the Spalding weigh again?

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
          Alright Zaza! That's what i'm talkin' about. Nice smooth transitions to and from the side punches. very nice reverse fist rolls... good speed, and, more importantly nice control. Slick doubles, out, and back. outward triple elbows. control is coming along nicely.

Also, i like that lonsdale bag. That bag must be kind of light, i thought i saw it float a time , or two.

Damn Good Baggin' Zaza!
          Thanks ebozyn! The Peanut is a little lighter then the FS...but I think you were just seeing mis-hits.

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
          Wow! Awsome! I love the platform also!
          It's all about the swivel...I LOVE the Evil... thank YOU!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          The coffee helps with coordination, does it? Anyway, nice video, nice relentless assault type bagging, and that platform looks super stable, and adjusts so easily. Sort of a benchmark for ease of use and lack of vibration. How much does the Spalding weigh again?
          Yeah... I don't know about helping with cordination...but it sure helps with speed!

That baby weighs about 150-175lbs. I'd say... and yes, it is solid as a rock, even after all these years. Love it.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

You are... OUT··OF··T H E··B O X !

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Time for the 4 month report. I think I'm getting better but who cares, this is just too much fun! Things are starting to make more sense now and I can 'feel' the combinations and hear them in my head so they are easier to link (in my mind's eye). Who knows, maybe I'll be ready for Speed Bag III next year!
            Oh yeah, you're hooked. Big time, Buster! GREAT punching. I really enjoyed watching all those combos... great job on the reverse punching. That's hard for me to sustain for any length of time, but you're sure getting that one down.

This was a 2 camera shoot...this morning (Friday) after 3 strong cups of coffee. It was about 95 degrees in the garage which is great for the old bones. I hope you guys enjoy it.
            The old bones – and muscles – appear to be in perfect working order, zaz. Keep it up! You have great energy! Makes me wanna drop my morning coffee and head out to the ole speed bag platform...

BAG ON!!! Five bags on this one!
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• pip
              • Apr 2010

zaza

great video cant believe youve only been bagging 4 months keep up the great work

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

The old bones – and muscles – appear to be in perfect working order, zaz. Keep it up! You have great energy! Makes me wanna drop my morning coffee and head out to the ole speed bag platform...

BAG ON!!! Five bags on this one!
                Thanks MsDeville...and yes.... I'm hooked!

Originally posted by pip View Post
                great video cant believe youve only been bagging 4 months keep up the great work
                Hey Pip... It's true 4 months.

You can see 1 month here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3509

...and 2 months here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3568

Then I found a 1920's AG Spalding platform on Craigslist locally and restored it: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3561

Keep in mind, I'm addicted and hit at the very least a few hours everyday.
                I hope to be good one day.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Awesome progress, Za! many you're starting to rip it up from all around!

congrats on super advancement.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Awesome progress, Za! many you're starting to rip it up from all around!

congrats on super advancement.
                    It's all because of YOU my friend! I'd be lost without the bible and all the great motivation here on the forum. I just want to be able to keep up with some of you guys one day.

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Great hitting Zaza! Nice and speed.4 months have been good to you. Keep it up brother! Those hot garages work wonders eh?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                        Those hot garages work wonders eh?
                        They do... nothing like a good sweat.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Your Shedding it!

Cheers,
                          -Zaza
                          There is no denying that you're having FUN Zaza! Your are shredding that bag and others too as I see evidence hanging on the wall in the background. Speed, Power and Control.....I saw all three in this vid. We're all gonna have miss hits and really that's the best way to learn. It's great to bag totally under control for learning and mastering combo's that we are struggling with but there is something about the speed and power that is truly captivating about the speed bag and speed baggers. With that said, we do have to exercise control and accuracy otherwise we are just having a miss hit session during a video recording.

I like your outward elbows which means your ready to add the downward double and triple elbow strikes, working toward linking them consecutively. And since you have the reverse fist roll down you can also, come out of the reverse fist roll into a downward triple elbow strike which is purty fancy looking!

I almost missed this post.....Glad I didn't!

Oh, and everybody is ready for Speed Bag III! All levels are at home there! the atmosphere is exactly like right here on the forum!!!! Supportive and Respectful of all in attendance! And your skills will jump after that weekend for sure! Just being in the presence of these baggers brought my bagging to a new level and of course, practice is always a necessity for that to happen! But I'm preaching to the choir...Mr. a few hours a day speed bagger!!!! That's dedication and commitment my friend!

Looking real good at 4 months ZAZ! Keep on Baggin and Postin!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                            There is no denying that you're having FUN Zaza! Your are shredding that bag and others too as I see evidence hanging on the wall in the background. Speed, Power and Control.....I saw all three in this vid. We're all gonna have miss hits and really that's the best way to learn. It's great to bag totally under control for learning and mastering combo's that we are struggling with but there is something about the speed and power that is truly captivating about the speed bag and speed baggers. With that said, we do have to exercise control and accuracy otherwise we are just having a miss hit session during a video recording.

I like your outward elbows which means your ready to add the downward double and triple elbow strikes, working toward linking them consecutively. And since you have the reverse fist roll down you can also, come out of the reverse fist roll into a downward triple elbow strike which is purty fancy looking!

I almost missed this post.....Glad I didn't!

Oh, and everybody is ready for Speed Bag III! All levels are at home there! the atmosphere is exactly like right here on the forum!!!! Supportive and Respectful of all in attendance! And your skills will jump after that weekend for sure! Just being in the presence of these baggers brought my bagging to a new level and of course, practice is always a necessity for that to happen! But I'm preaching to the choir...Mr. a few hours a day speed bagger!!!! That's dedication and commitment my friend!

Looking real good at 4 months ZAZ! Keep on Baggin and Postin!
                            Thanks Nova... I'm glad you found the post too. I love to watch the talented baggers on this forum & learn from all the great videos posted.

I'll keep at it and post again in another month or two....elbows...yes...and I'll work on the downward ones if I can stop knocking my glasses off!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Feb 2010

I can't believe it's only four months either!! Wow what amazing progress you've made, it's a fantastic video Zaza

Enjoyed watching thisvery much, finally got round to it and it was well worth it! Keep up the good work, I know there's more awesome stuff to be seen under that great platform of yours.

I like the audio track too, was going to ask what it was, but it's there on the credits... Alice in Chains -will have to have a listen to some more

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...