X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Actually I prefer handwrapping underneath bag gloves for heavy bag workouts. I use the gel gloves for speedbagging only. I have really dry skin that is very prone to chapping. Speedbagging bare-handed sometimes cuts my hands up pretty bad, especially in the winter. However, these gel gloves have solved that problem - they protect my hands well, and they feel great while using them.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by riqal View Post
      Actually I prefer handwrapping underneath bag gloves for heavy bag workouts. I use the gel gloves for speedbagging only. I have really dry skin that is very prone to chapping. Speedbagging bare-handed sometimes cuts my hands up pretty bad, especially in the winter. However, these gel gloves have solved that problem - they protect my hands well, and they feel great while using them.
      That's good, I'll think Ill give em a whirl, I've got dry skin too, but I haven't had probelms on the speed bag with chafing. And since I hibernated this past winter (lol) I had no problems
      sigpic

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

If you decide to get a pair, buy them from walmart. Walmart sells the blue ones for about $15. They only have large and extra-large. The large fits me just fine. Dicks sporting goods sells the same glove in yellow for about $25 - they have sizes s,m,L,XL.

Comment

• jackmcmanus21
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2008

i had a pair like these and they ripped after about a week on the heavy bag...dont know if i was using them too hard or if they're not a very durable product

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jackmcmanus21 View Post
            i had a pair like these and they ripped after about a week on the heavy bag...dont know if i was using them too hard or if they're not a very durable product

They are not designed to be used as heavy bag gloves. They are, however, awesome speedbag gloves.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

personally, I find the "gel" strip on top of these gloves giggles and constantly shifts around as my hands change directions. I find that it very annoying. Plus they are a pain to get on and off. I much prefer the gel wraps over the full glove model.

Forunately, my hands don't need padding, but when I do glove up, (not often) it's with my personal fav, the harbinger classic glove.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                personally, I find the "gel" strip on top of these gloves giggles and constantly shifts around as my hands change directions. I find that it very annoying. Plus they are a pain to get on and off. I much prefer the gel wraps over the full glove model.

Forunately, my hands don't need padding, but when I do glove up, (not often) it's with my personal fav, the harbinger classic glove.
                ya i also dont uses gloves for speed bag i like to get the feel of it. I was gonna get these a WHILE back for heavy back but i stuck with the wraps instead.
                ________
                Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensary
                Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

I just do the basic rhythm, so my hands are not changing direction as much as with other speedbag routines. So the gel gigling around was not really an issue. I say "was" because I returned the gel wraps (I explain why in the Reviews section). Also, it never took me more than 30 seconds to take both gloves off of my hands. Just follow the guidlines for removing them.

The last thing I will say concerning this thread is that the everlast gel wraps are, in my opinion, great speedbag gloves for a basic speedbag workout. But to each his own.
                  Last edited by riqal; 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                    I just do the basic rhythm, so my hands are not changing direction as much as with other speedbag routines. So the gel gigling around was not really an issue. I say "was" because I returned the gel wraps (I explain why in the Reviews section). Also, it never took me more than 30 seconds to take both gloves off of my hands. Just follow the guidlines for removing them.

The last thing I will say concerning this thread is that the everlast gel wraps are, in my opinion, great speedbag gloves for a basic speedbag workout. But to each his own.
                    Yes, for basic rhythm punching from the front they probably wouldn't be a problem and the gel shifting isn't so bad. Like Big_Nesticles, I prefer the feeling of bare hands on the bag, but if I'm "off it for a while" I usually glove up a bit until the contract points toughen up again. Especially on a bag with a thick external beaded seam.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Overtime
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Aug 2009

this is my first time posting because i got these awhile ago and had to give my opinion. i know everyone doesn't think the same but in my opinion these work extremely well with some draw backs. when i used them on my heavy bag i could hit the brick part of my bag and would int even feel it. however not everything lasts forever.... after 3 times of using it a rip developed in the right glove soon followed by the left. after 2 weeks the hole got so big the gel fell out.... also it does not give you the most wrist support.... overall good temporary gloves!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                        this is my first time posting because i got these awhile ago and had to give my opinion. i know everyone doesn't think the same but in my opinion these work extremely well with some draw backs. when i used them on my heavy bag i could hit the brick part of my bag and would int even feel it. however not everything lasts forever.... after 3 times of using it a rip developed in the right glove soon followed by the left. after 2 weeks the hole got so big the gel fell out.... also it does not give you the most wrist support.... overall good temporary gloves!
                        But for speed bagging, they are cumbersome.... the gel messes wih the angles you are hitting .... wraps are better they don't hinder the punches....
                        The gloves are probably fine if you have nothing and your knuckles are all bruised and stuff..... but the techniques of advanced bagging need to have "knuckle freedom"....
                        What about golf gloves, baseball gloves and all that... I have used those over the years as a drummer when my blood blisters ache and when my skin is separating like dirt in the sun after the water evaporates.. that hurts!
                        Thin gloves allow punching technique to continue without getting in the way and protect as well.. Alan Kahn has recommended Harbinger gloves..they are great....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...