• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Video coming soon...

As soon as I get a 4 wire firewire cable I'll have some video uploaded. I'm hoping to do a "challenge of the week" kind of thing where we specify some kind of sequence and see who is the best at it. (All in fun, of course, I'm really just above beginner level skill, I'm sure many are better than me).
  • kdiver58
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2006

me hitting the setup I made for Gold's Gym

Gold's wouldn't let us attach anything to the walls so I made this to clamp onto the I-beam

My trainer is much better

Last edited by kdiver58; 03-09-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag video

Originally posted by kdiver58
      Gold's would let us attach anything to the walls so I made this to clamp onto the I-beam

http://media.putfile.com/Trey-Speed
      TREY keeps his upper arms (shoulder to elbow) almost perfectly parallel from the moment his fist contacts the bag, making his pass through to the reverse single punch perfect. He has great form on this combination He does NOT loop his fist under the bag, but rather passes "straight through" the center. During the rebound, (while the bag is on the board..) his fist passes to behind. by the time the bag releases from the board, his fist is already out of the way.

KDiver58, to do what Trey is doing (A single fist figure-[8] pass through, or FCP ' ' RSP (Front Circle Punch to Reverse Single Punch), try to swing a little straighter into the bag. You have to modify your small circle swinging when you want to pass through, for you don't want your fist going in a downward direction to go behind.

It is difficult to imagine, but think of it this way. At the moment your fist hits the bag in the front circle punch, IF you want to pass through to behind (or side area...) you must move it "straight through". It is not a looping under the bag.

(...just a suggestion )
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Fuzzy_donkey
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2006

Gold's would let us attach anything to the walls so I made this to clamp onto the I-beam

http://media.putfile.com/Trey-Speed

Very nice videos kdiver58, and I really like the setup you guys have there too. Very solid looking rebounds.
        How long have you been working the bag for now?

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Gold's would let us attach anything to the walls
          My wife can appreciate that line of thinking. I used to have a wall mount unit, but she didn't like hearing the vibration in the kitchen (it was on a wall very close by). So now I have a freestanding unit (not for long though - I plan to return to a wall mount unit shortly)

Looking good. Just out of curiosity is Trey a boxing trainer or just general fitness? I'm guessing boxing since it's rare to see anyone that good at the speedbag who hasn't focused on boxing.

Comment

• kdiver58
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2006

Muay Thai

Trey is a Muay Thai fighter and a personal fitness trainer. I was hitting the speedbag about 4 months when I did the video .. I'm a little better now.. Broken ribs have slowed me down a bit.

Trey is also a very nice person and a babe magnet .. you should see the women that hang with him ...

The secret of the clamp I made was making another piece that attached to the board that was of a different length than the arm we were using off of his free standing unit. With different lengths there are no harmonics that is it cant get in sync. The I-beam it clamped to is a beast too. The bad thing is that poor trey has gone through 2 bags in 6 months. Some people don't like it and are cutting the bags.
            Last edited by kdiver58; 03-09-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...