• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedbagSharkface
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2012

First attempt

Hi, this is my first attempt at making a short vid. The quality is terrible. Next one will be better.

Edit:If the video is wavy check back later.
    Last edited by SpeedbagSharkface; 04-04-2012, 10:56 PM.
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Good show! Thanks.

Comment

• Heppsan
      • Jan 2011

Great vid, and moves!!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey Sharkface,

very nice punching there. I like your form and the eveness of your movements. very controls with great results. And nice mix of techniques and combinations, looks like your working through all the front to back techniques and combo's.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hi Sharkface! Great name! Great first vid! How long have you been baggin'?
          BAG ON!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by SpeedbagSharkface View Post
            Hi, this is my first attempt at making a short vid. The quality is terrible. Next one will be better.

Nice punches. Cool video too. I like the black and white video and the positioning of your lighting on the drum... it makes the shadow of the platform show up on the wall and shows your 'shadow boxing' as well.

You have really nice control of your combos. That combo at :10 seconds in... the outward elbow punch with your left, followed with the right-hand single punch. I was just practicing that combo, trying to alternate it from left to right. This forces me to turn my waist from side to side which I hope helps in keeping my svelt body.

When I saw your Username of Speedbag Sharkface, it reminded me of this picture I posted in another thread of the elusive Bagger Shark. You don't happen to have any unusual "birthmarks" do you? ...now, I'm getting too personal.

(This was first posted in this old thread... I was inspired by Alan's Big Fish Story... ) http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...r+Shark&page=2

Really nice bagging skills, SpeedbagSharkface. BTW, how long have you had the addiction?

Bag on!!
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• SpeedbagSharkface
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2012

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.
              @MsDeville - Thank you for the kind words regarding the lighting but I assure you it was all accidental. Haha
              @spinsmashpop - I have been bagging for 1.5 years but I only found out about speedbagforum.com and The Speed Bag Bible a few months ago. Before that I watched Skunk, Scissor hands and Showtime Johnny Pal on youtube.
              @Speedbag - I got The Speed Bag Bible for Christmas this year. It has helped me out so much. If you could give me any pointers it would be appreciated. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                Nice punches. Cool video too. I like the black and white video and the positioning of your lighting on the drum... it makes the shadow of the platform show up on the wall and shows your 'shadow boxing' as well.

You have really nice control of your combos. That combo at :10 seconds in... the outward elbow punch with your left, followed with the right-hand single punch. I was just practicing that combo, trying to alternate it from left to right. This forces me to turn my waist from side to side which I hope helps in keeping my svelt body.

When I saw your Username of Speedbag Sharkface, it reminded me of this picture I posted in another thread of the elusive Bagger Shark. You don't happen to have any unusual "birthmarks" do you? ...now, I'm getting too personal.

(This was first posted in this old thread... I was inspired by Alan's Big Fish Story... ) http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...r+Shark&page=2

Really nice bagging skills, SpeedbagSharkface. BTW, how long have you had the addiction?

Bag on!!
                That yellow belly marking looks exactly like the shark that got my shoulder once..... only my ninja like fast hands and speed bag skills helped me escape those jaws of death....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Lots of variety Sharkface!

Originally posted by SpeedbagSharkface View Post
                  Thanks everyone for the encouragement.
                  @MsDeville - Thank you for the kind words regarding the lighting but I assure you it was all accidental. Haha
                  @spinsmashpop - I have been bagging for 1.5 years but I only found out about speedbagforum.com and The Speed Bag Bible a few months ago. Before that I watched Skunk, Scissor hands and Showtime Johnny Pal on youtube.
                  @Speedbag - I got The Speed Bag Bible for Christmas this year. It has helped me out so much. If you could give me any pointers it would be appreciated. Thank you so much for the kind words.
                  Great first Vid! you have a variety of techniques and combos included in your vid! Nice job on the advanced stuff too, like the 4 way elbows and the shadow punches. Great stuff!

Something you may want to try, is to use rear double punches when coming from behind the bag. You are doing a great job linking your combos with rear straight punches now, and if you want to add just a bit more to it, start linking combos from behind the bag with some rear doubles. See how it works out. Here is one of my vid links of a workout that helped get me started side rear and front double punches from different angles around the bag. I hope this helps expand your punch repetoire!

Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• SpeedbagSharkface
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jan 2012

@novaspeedbagger - Thank you for video. The rear double training has begun. I will give a progress report a couple of months.

Comment

• Biff
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

SBSF, very nice first video, looking very controlled. Great job.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...