• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeyn
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2009

Burning Pain

After starting to use the speedbag my left shoulder blade has like a weird burning feeling. I had a painful feeling on the side of my shoulders but that went away. I'm starting to wonder if it's from the speedbag or maybe something else. Has anyone experienced anything like this before. It's kinda like a really warm feeling and my right shoulder blade doesn't feel like that, just my left.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Sounds like impingement. That at times, feels distinctly like "burning", and would occur in the specific shoulder where the problem is.

Impingement is usually felt on the top or front side of the shoulder though (at least in my experience). Can you further describe where the pain occurs on the shoulder blade? How long have you been speed bagging? How old are you? Ever have any shoulder problems before? Does the burning pain go away, and how long does it take?
    Last edited by Tim; 01-17-2009, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• joeyn
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2009

You know that warm feeling when you put muscle rub on a part of your body? That's how it feels. It's most constant while I'm hitting the speedbag. Then from there, it's on and off throughout the day.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by joeyn View Post
        You know that warm feeling when you put muscle rub on a part of your body? That's how it feels. It's most constant while I'm hitting the speedbag. Then from there, it's on and off throughout the day.
        RICE is probably your best course of action. Ease back on the speed bag for a bit , give it some rest, and then bring back the bag slow but sure. If it's still a bother a few weeks from now, see a doc. Certainly if it gets worse in the meantime.

Comment

• joeyn
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2009

Thanks, will do that. I was thinking about taking a break from it to see if the feeling goes down. The weird thing is it feels warm under the skin but not above it. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...