• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbfin
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2006

Balazs i-Box Speed Bag Platform

Has anyone purcahsed or used this platform? Any feedback?

Thank you,

David
  • o0obruceleeo0o
    • Sep 2006

Theres some discussion on the i-box. I've only heard good things.

Comment

• dbfin
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2006

Thank you.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Please see the link above to my description and experience with the Balazs I-Box. There simply is no better platform on the market that is better as far as I'm concerned. The only real complaint that I had about it is the chain link swivel that it comes with, but that's easily enough fixed.

By comparison, I've also owned an Everlast economy setup and I currently own the Ringside Ultimate Classic setup as seen here: http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL_Ultim....ASPX?ID=24887 I got this setup on ebay used, apparently there was a gym selling all their equipment and I got this one for a steal. There were some parts missing like the hand crank, but I was able to adapt an old Snap-On 3/8" drive speed wrench and I'm sure it works better than what was provided when new. It adjusts very easily, but because of the design, it tends to make a lot of noise when using it because of the way it's designed to allow you to adjust it. One pipe slides up and down another pipe and it's really not locked in place. A sandbag on top pretty much eliminated that though.

In my opinion, the I-Box is made better and costs 1/3 as much as the Ringside Ultimate Classic. I still have the Ringside unit but I don't get to use it very much after about September until April due to Illinois winters since the Ringside unit is my outdoors unit.

If you're looking for a good setup, I don't think you can top the I-Box at any price, and Balasz has OUTSTANDING customer service! I'd be very surprised if you weren't satisfied with your purchase.

Comment

• dbfin
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2006

Chris,

Thank you for posting the detailed info and pictures. I have the same idea in mind as far as replacing the drum and now I know that it will work. I had someone that was going to make a metal adjustable frame for me, but it has been around 8 months and he has not come through. Your unit looks very solid ... nice work!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...