• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10Alton
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2009

Trying to hit to some tunes.

Here I go trying to hit to some music again. I definately need some more practice.

• ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Hey 10Alton, the hitting is looking good with some nice combo's including I-DES.
    I can hear the beat your making but, it seems you have the same problem as me with the sound. When you start hitting, the music disappears.
    I was told to move the sound system around which makes no difference for me. Although you should try it.

Vini

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

I like the choice of music. If you could fix the sound this would be worth posting again.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

The sound of the music is kinda funky, fading in and out, but your were bagging to it pretty good. Great on the opening single fist linking. Good job.

One tip. When you are single fist linking in the double bounce rhythm you are using two rebounds between the punches. You can also use FOUR and you will stay right on beat. But here you have to hit it just a bit harder to get the fourth rebound in. Consider when you are "straight time punching" you are hitting in the triplet rhythm, letting every fist hit "ON THE BEAT" with 3 rebounds in between. You can also let a single fist (or split fist) hit ON the beat the same way, hitting front and back (or side to side), using 4 rebounds, - but you have to hit the bag a bit harder to allow for the extra rebound in the same space between the music beats (that didn't change. the music beat remains constant). If you want to hit single punches Front ' ' ' ' Back on the beat then you will have to use a bit more power to get that fourth rebound in. But it sounds cool because it accents the punch and speeds the bag rebound sound up a bit. I do it a lot at the end of a musical phrase of melody line. With practice you will "feel" how much power you need to stay on beat.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

I think you did a great job. That particular tune was probably not the "easiest" song to bag to because of the slower tempo. Good control!
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
            I think you did a great job. That particular tune was probably not the "easiest" song to bag to because of the slower tempo. Good control!
            Yes, this tune is a Slow Tempo, particularly if punching in direct "straight time" or what I call "Basic Punching directly on the beat". But a slow song also allows you to make a rhythmic jump to "Double Time", or to using what I call the syncopated punching combinations, which to this song will mean punching faster to make the beats match. On this particular song you could use a 9x6 or even a 10x7 bag, hit in syncopated combinations and get a pretty physical workout. The larger bag will make you hit harder to maintain the required speed for the synopated combinations, as well as be more of a challenge to maintain a straight Double Time Basic Rhythm beat.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...